X58 motherboard estimated prices

pies

Thats bull the p6t is not going for that much you can get one for around 299$.
Even my gigabyte X58 board wasn't 400+ dollars so far the only one thats 400+ is the Asus Rampage II Extreme.
Yeah its not cheap but its not as high as the article states.
And NO! I am not saying this because I own an X58 board.

Twist86

Sad part is the I7 processors show little performance for the price...I was reading a article that benched a 3.2ghz I7 being as fast as a 3.6ghz Q6600 about 35% faster @ the same clock.
Which if the rumor is true the I7 are "locked" in wattage to prevent high overclocks like of the Q6600.
With luck its not true but Intel wont allow a cheap quad to out perform their higher quads again its bad business for them.

I7 is not worth the upgrade atm imo. I am curious to see what the overclock will be on them....see if the benchmarks and rumors are true.

Last edited:

Cleric7x9

Thats bull the p6t is not going for that much you can get one for around 299$.
Even my gigabyte X58 board wasn't 400+ dollars so far the only one thats 400+ is the Asus Rampage II Extreme.
Yeah its not cheap but its not as high as the article states.
And NO! I am not saying this because I own an X58 board.

where did you get yours?

simpletron

according to article, msi x58 platinum was 306 but according to google shopping it is more like 235 (look here)

a lot of other ones that they said would cost over 400, are showing up in stores for 300 to 400. not cheap but not as expensive as the month old article is reporting.

not really sure how good this company is, but i didn't find anything about them on ripoffreports, sounds like they ship when you buy, anyway here it is: http://www.platinummicro.com/product.asp?pf_id=PRI7920 350 dollars for 2.6ghz, 699 or so for 2.93, and 1159 for 3.2ghz extreme version :D
to Cleric7x9
warning, I have never heard of the store before I read that post. they also have X58 motherboards on sale: asus P6T for 320, gigabyte for 360 and intel's for 380.

Twist86 said:
Which if the rumor is true the I7 are "locked" in wattage to prevent high overclocks like of the Q6600.
apparently there was a bios setting on the intel's motherboard that would do this, but it can be turned off. so far it looks like the 920 can get to 3.8 to 4 ghz on air, but voltage seems high for me at ~1.5V

bigd54

Sad part is the I7 processors show little performance for the price...I was reading a article that benched a 3.2ghz I7 being as fast as a 3.6ghz Q6600 about 35% faster @ the same clock.
With luck its not true but Intel wont allow a cheap quad to out perform their higher quads again its bad business for them.

I7 is not worth the upgrade atm imo. I am curious to see what the overclock will be on them....see if the benchmarks and rumors are true.

Where did you get theese bechmarks? ive seen where the lower model of the corei7 beats out the extreme version of the old quad cores

Seth

Yeah what the heck? Dunno where you saw that but from the various benchmarks i have seen the i7s are flogging the older cpus. For example i've seen the 920 beating the QX9770 and its a quarter of the price. :S