Xbox 360 or PS3?

wellhellothere

Don't have a gaming PC, just a multitasking one. :D

Well, have a PS2 controller and it's fine so I don't really care about it being more ergonomic friendly?

Does anybody know if more PS3 games are coming out? Because right now I think Xbox wins in the games categories.

Why is live so much better? For instance, is there really that much more people on COD4 on live instead of PSN?

Thanks so far guys. Kinda want a PS3 but my friend has a 360 and would be fun to play eachother.

EDIT-Also I do own a nice HDTV.

Dude, looking at your specs in your sig, i'd have to disagree. Thats an awesome setup! You can run just about any game maxed out on gfx settings. Go with the PC! (You'll only end up regretting spending loads on a console in a year or two!) :)

footballstevo75

Thanks. I think I am going to go with the PS3, I already own a psp, so they should work well together. Plus running linux on a console would be awesome. New games should be hopefully coming out soon correct?

I am still kind of torn, because my friends told me live is freakin awesome.

4NGU$

VIP Member
i have a 360 and i love it its awesome and great fun i believe that the online system is the best, but i would still like to get a ps3 in sometime to come

I am still kind of torn, because my friends told me live is freakin awesome.
yes live is freaking awesome :D :D
don't for get to factor in that it cost tho

*goes and plays on the 360*

Kornowski

VIP Member
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but get an awesome PC! ;)

EDIT: Just seen your spec... my wise words to you, "Don't waste your money!"

Last edited:

Nightrain

Both are great systems. I have a xbox360, but mostly because I figured my family would probably get the ps3, as they had the ps1, and ps2. I had bought the original xbox, and it worked well for me, so I got the 360.

I want to get a PS3, mostly for GT, FF, and MGS. If the family had it I would just travel down to their house and play it, but they don't so eventually I will get one.

But the 360 is great, but so is the ps3.

soccerdude

Personally I would get the PlayStation 3. It has Blue-ray built into it so you can watch Blue-ray movies on your nice H.D. T.V. Also yes there will be more games for the P.S.3... it is only a matter of time.

footballstevo75

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but get an awesome PC! ;)

EDIT: Just seen your spec... my wise words to you, "Don't waste your money!"
lol Dunno, never really got into PC gaming. Just have always liked being a console guy.

I am not buying either until summer, mostly because I will want something to do when not working and hanging out with friends, late nights playing it will be fun.

So hoping to see some PS3 improvements by summer, such as being able to plug my ipod into it and play games at the same time.

Thanks for all the advice so far.

G25r8cer

I dont get it, is there some kind of joke going around? I thought this was a bashing console contest, not the game contest? Which even if you take out halo3 the 360 still wins with way more games.

But if we want to discuss halo :D!

g25 didnt provide us with any information, he simply stated it was overrated, an opinion. He didnt say "the controls are hard to get used to" (which they arnt), or "the story line is too confusing (only if youre 3), or "I suck at games that take skill" (oh, woops, thats an opinion) :p.

You can hate the halo series if you must, youre just missing out. Im wondering why you posted the figure of $300 million in sales, and then act like thats a bad thing. Apparently its a good game to someone out there :rolleyes:. I dont get your line of logic either. According to you, any game that gets a lot of sales is bad. But Im willing to bet your playing cod4 at the moment ;).

Kornowski kornowski kornowski, "Its repetitive" If you mean repetitive like the number pi is repetitive, then yes, the series repeats itself. It does carry some of the same qualities in each game, but why change whats already working?

360 for the win :D.

EDIT: Ramodkk, its jakob, kobaj, jakob, get it? :p

First of all I dont sucks at games that take skill. How about you try to use a G25 steering wheel and drift good in LFS. Good luck with that!!! If you wanna see how its done then check out my vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHF0UDI0mj8

kobaj

VIP Member
First of all I dont sucks at games that take skill. How about you try to use a G25 steering wheel and drift good in LFS. Good luck with that!!! If you wanna see how its done then check out my vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHF0UDI0mj8

Thats your only retort? After my intense responses to your accusations about the xbox and your distracted simply by a comment?

Eh, If I must, woopty do, you can drive a car in a game and cause it to drift. But, can you do that with 25 other cars on the track? Can you do that with any car you hop into in the game? How about an american car?

That, my friend, would be skill. That would be hopping into halo, being able to pick up any gun and get a kill. I could also argue when will drifting come in handy in real life. And if in deed you can drift in real life, but hey, for another time :p.

No hard feelings :).

G25r8cer

Thats your only retort? After my intense responses to your accusations about the xbox and your distracted simply by a comment?

Eh, If I must, woopty do, you can drive a car in a game and cause it to drift. But, can you do that with 25 other cars on the track? Can you do that with any car you hop into in the game? How about an american car?

That, my friend, would be skill. That would be hopping into halo, being able to pick up any gun and get a kill. I could also argue when will drifting come in handy in real life. And if in deed you can drift in real life, but hey, for another time :p.

No hard feelings :).
I can drift in every car in that game!! Can you? Didnt think so. Would you like me to post a vid on youtube to show you that I can?

kobaj

VIP Member
I can drift in every car in that game!! Can you? Didnt think so. Would you like me to post a vid on youtube to show you that I can?

What is it with you and these one liners?

No, I will not argue with you in this thread, that would make it stray from topic.

Are you asking me with no experience if I can drift, no. Are you asking me if I can pick up the game and an hour later have it down, yes. (And in the off chance are you asking me can I kill someone in halo, by gosh the answer is so mind numbingly simple that I wont post it here).

It was a joke, once again, woopty do you can drift. Its a game. You seem to have not even read any of my other questions or felt the need to answer them. With which, if its the latter then its probably do to you cant do what it asks.

There is no scale to measure skill, every game is different, and inside each game requires different skills with different guns (or in your case cars).

I still have respect for you, I hope you have the same for me. :)

Just like to reiterate my point that both systems are great.

Well put. Its just some systems are greater then others ; ).

rts_conrad

If you watch It's A Wonderful Live Episode 2 on YouTube DigitalPh33r will point out everything wrong with the PS3...and all your PS3 owners... RIDGEEEEE RAACCCEEEERR hhaha

G25r8cer

What is it with you and these one liners?

No, I will not argue with you in this thread, that would make it stray from topic.

Are you asking me with no experience if I can drift, no. Are you asking me if I can pick up the game and an hour later have it down, yes. (And in the off chance are you asking me can I kill someone in halo, by gosh the answer is so mind numbingly simple that I wont post it here).

It was a joke, once again, woopty do you can drift. Its a game. You seem to have not even read any of my other questions or felt the need to answer them. With which, if its the latter then its probably do to you cant do what it asks.

There is no scale to measure skill, every game is different, and inside each game requires different skills with different guns (or in your case cars).

I still have respect for you, I hope you have the same for me. :)

Well put. Its just some systems are greater then others ; ).

Srry Im selective hearing!! LOL

Alright im done arguing! Srry I just get angry sometimes. I have respect for you and the games you play.

wellhellothere

lol Dunno, never really got into PC gaming. Just have always liked being a console guy.

I am not buying either until summer, mostly because I will want something to do when not working and hanging out with friends, late nights playing it will be fun.

So hoping to see some PS3 improvements by summer, such as being able to plug my ipod into it and play games at the same time.

Thanks for all the advice so far.

Who need's friends when you've got a 8800gtx! :p

bigl2007

this is a debate

this is more of a debate i say ps3 thats my input i got one myself my games i like are assassin creed heavenly sword and a few others cant wait for soul calibur and gran turismo 5 and gta 4 to come out :)

and there will never be a perfect video gaming controller to me ps3 controller wins but thats my input im more used to sony controllers more then any other system

ps3 needs more games true but it will have some sooner or later plus i would go with ps3 for titles like heavenly sword metal gear solid tekken 6 soul calibur and a few others

footballstevo75

Well I am torn. I kind of want a 360 because of live. But 360 will not have Gran Turismo, which is one of my favorite games. I don't know, but I also heard PS3 load times are slower? Is that true?

bigl2007

well

load times for ps3 arent that slow to me so i think that might not be true but 360 load times i wouldnt know never had one of those but i know ps3 load times arent bad at all it dont seem to me like th e load times are any slower then ps2 or anything plus ps3 the load times seem to be in games but not as frequent