XBOX Vs. PS2

jmedina

I currently have an original PS2 and it is ok. But I want better graphics. Would you recommend selling my PS2 for a XBOX?

This thread would probably go better in Computer Games and Consoles, but whatever.

It mostly depends on the games, but I think hardware wise, The Xbox has better graphics capabilities. I may be wrong, but that's what I read somewhere....Anyways, I would go for the Xbox, I've always thought it had better games.

Xbox has better graphical capabalities yes, but not a ton of games to show it off. CHronicles of riddick, Doom 3, ninja gaiden, etc. The Xbox is also home to games like Knights of the Old Republic and Halo.

The PS2 has a much larger library of games, Some of the best Ever made for a console, Ratchet and Clank, Final fantasy, Kingdom hearts, Gran turismo, God of war, theres something for everyone..

If i had to choose between the two i would go for the PS2 hands down.

Xbox for sure. While the PS2 might have a larger library of games, the Xbox has Xbox Live. And it's by far better than any online multi player the PS2 might have.

And the Xbox has Halo 2 Xbox Live, which basically completes my online gaming needs.

I like the XBOX because it has a internal Hard Drive. Can you delete things from the Hard Drive after they are on there?

yeah if you want 12 year old Punk calling you a *****. Xbox live is filled with Flamers, but theres no doubt that it's vastly superior to the PS2's pansy service.

The PS2 can have some pretty darn good graphics; take God of War for example. But I do beleive the Xbox is the most powerful system over-all. I'm quite sure it's got more VRAM, as many textures on the PS2 look rather blurry. There are also many more media capabilities on the Xbox than the PS2.

Yeah, but let's be serious.. Most people buy a console for the games. Being able to put songs on your HDD and play them in certain games is cool and all, but It won't fix the fact that Xbox was behind the PS2 in the sheer quantity of quality games. I just feel the PS2 was on a slightly higher level than the Xbox as a console, nevermind Microsofts attempts to turn their systems into a PC.

To tell you the truth I use my PS2 mostly for dvd's. I do love Gran Turismo though. I do not know what to do.:confused:

Xbox's have much better GFX but TBH just get a good PC and game on that, theres nothing a gay console can do that a good PC cant.

BTW don't worry guys I am not:
spam-big.jpg
ing

XBOX is better, better with everything, sound,media,Graphics but PS2 have better games but lack the graphics.
so to conclude...just get a PC...lol

I play racing games the most. Should I still switch to XBOX?

well PS2 is most dominated by Grand Turismo and xbox has Forza Motorsport (i know which is better) but i wont start a heated discussion, and also they both have some good rally games such as ColinMc Rea 2005 ,and oh, xbox has Rallisport Challenge 2, now thats a good rally game !!!

well PS2 is most dominated by Grand Turismo and xbox has Forza Motorsport (i know which is better) but i wont start a heated discussion, and also they both have some good rally games such as ColinMc Rea 2005 ,and oh, xbox has Rallisport Challenge 2, now thats a good rally game !!!

Also, one of the best racing games imo, for Xbox is Burnout. I've played the whole series and they never cease to amaze me. I love all of them.

I loved my PS2 over my Xbox just because of the games. Keep your pS2, trust me. I still buy games for my PS2 even thouhg I have a PS3, Wii, and 360.

Back