Xp or vista?

Which one would you rather have?

• XP

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • VISTA

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters

fmw

I use both. XP has the advantage of needing less computing power to do its job. I like the way it networks better as well. However, XP is discontinued. Microsoft isn't selling it any more so the support window will close before that of Vista.

Aastii

VIP Member
Vista. If you get a big, powerful system it runs it no problems and is a brilliant OS, i prefer it to all others and it is so much easyer and better to look at the use than XP

Calibretto

VIP Member
Wow, I'm surprised we've never had this kind of poll before.

I use both as well and XP has quicker boot times and some of my most programs don't run on Vista, so I am pretty much forced to use XP.

DirtyD86

banned
vista without a shadow of a doubt. i am one of the few that has never had a single issue with it. it takes a couple minor tweaks to get it to run to my liking, but once that is done it is flawless in my eyes. i used XP the other day and it just feels ancient at this point. i will be upgrading to windows 7 when it comes out however

ScOuT

VIP Member
vista without a shadow of a doubt. i am one of the few that has never had a single issue with it.

Myself also...I have never had any issues with Vista. I have messed it up by tweaking things that should not have been messed with. I had many more problems with XP than I ever have had with Vista. Microsoft's best operating system yet I think.

vinnie107

I like vista. Never had any issues with it and ive have plenty with XP in the past.

Wouldnt reccomend upgrading to vista anytime soon though, windows 7 will come soon.
:)

MicroHard

I use both as well and XP has quicker boot times and some of my most programs don't run on Vista, so I am pretty much forced to use XP.

I beg to differ on that. I have Vista Ultimate and it takes me less then 25 seconds to boot my machine. Then again, i have a core 2 duo with 2GB ram.

nivan

Vista x64
I have vista x64 basic and it works nice.
Vista has dx10 and if x64 you will be able to use 8gb of ram and it is faster 10-20% then 32 bit.
Edit:
Oh if you have duron 32 bit then use winxp.Vista need 2 gb of ram and faster cpu.

bengal85

I use XP because that is what my computers came with and when I get a new laptop I may use vista I may not it depends on if I feel vista is going to be reliable for me but by then it should be

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows 7 :p

Nah i say Vista if your a Gamer (DX10)

if your not,Then Xp.

brycematheson712

Never really had a huge problem with Vista, so that's what I use. At first it was a hard switch from XP, but after about 3 days I got used to it. Now, I can't stand to go back to XP. It feels like it's 10 years old... oh wait! It is 10 years old!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never really had a huge problem with Vista, so that's what I use. At first it was a hard switch from XP, but after about 3 days I got used to it. Now, I can't stand to go back to XP. It feels like it's 10 years old... oh wait! It is 10 years old!

I like the more Mature :p

Calibretto

VIP Member

Age has nothing to do with it. Tons of businesses still use Windows 3.1 effectively. Even the Super Nintendo still kicks ass.

Vista has a lot of cool features that I like, but I'm all about speed and performance, and XP definitely has the edge because of its quick boot times and it's not a resource hog.

Calibretto

VIP Member
What? :p Vista boots twice as fast as XP for me... maybe that's just me though.

Wow, that surprises me. I couldn't stand how slow Vista booted for me. XP is way quicker. When I switched back to XP, people started complementing me on my quick boot speed.

Strokes

vista. ready boost is cool and there are registry mods and other programs that can make it run like XP. (*Cough-disable the superfetcher and use ccleaner once and a while *Cough*Cough)

Gooberman

I have Vista and when I turn off my computer it resumes where I left off when I turn it back on that's something I love