Yahoo e mail scrambled and not legible

peter912

Lately my Yahoo e mail has been not legible, black bars and missing letters. So I did some research on the internet and it mentioned add on"s as the cause of the trouble. I disabled Ad Block on Yahoo Mail and sure enough that fixed it. I was even getting ready to call "Geek Squad" for help with this issue. So I have had Ad Block for quite a while now and why all of a sudden would it start causing such a problem with my e mail ? This is quite serious because e mail is important now especially with this Covid.

Update:
I think it might also be the cause of issues on web sites as well. If I end up having to disable it everywhere because of this ,then of what use will Ad Block be ?

Last edited:

beers

Staff member
You should be able to whitelist specific queries that are caught in the list, there's a few off of slickdeals I have to whitelist in pihole otherwise it breaks all of the referral links.

peter912

Ad Block says to reinstall . That's what I did and it appears to have helped, so far lol, we will see

Nope, problem still persists on other web sites. I'll have to let Ad Block know

Last edited:

peter912

It's not AdBlock that is causing this problem Even after uninstalling AdBlock the problem persisted. Switching from Firefox to Microsoft Edge cleared up the problem even with having AdBlock plus. Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem with Firefox ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You most likely have firefox extension causing the issue. Disable extensions 1 by 1 until you find the culprit and uninstall it.

peter912

I disabled all the extensions but the problem is still persisting to a certain degree. What more can I do ? Does the " lock" in the address bar have anything to do with this problem ? Will I end up having to contact Geek Squad after all ?

peter912

Could the monitor be causing this ? Maybe I need a new monitor ? Also letters are pink instead of black ? How frustrating to have this new problem just appear out of nowhere ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Could be the video card or onboard video going bad depending on what you are using. If you try using a different web browser does it work correctly? If so, its not monitor or video.

peter912

Could be the video card or onboard video going bad depending on what you are using. If you try using a different web browser does it work correctly? If so, its not monitor or video.
It is better now that I have removed Google Translate from the extensions and I replaced AdBlock with U Block

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try a different web browser like edge and see what happens. Either you have malware, video is going out or its a browser issue. If you can give us screenshots that would help as well.

peter912

Try a different web browser like edge and see what happens. Either you have malware, video is going out or its a browser issue. If you can give us screenshots that would help as well.
e mail was scrambled this morning with Firefox, it was fine with Edge. Why did Firefox get like this and can anything be done about it ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok have you ran malwarebytes? Uninstalled all Firefox extensions? Tried resetting Firefox?

peter912

I haven't run malwarebytes yet but I will. I have uninstalled all Firefox extensions. Is it possible to reset Firefox and keep my bookmarks and saved passwords ?

I just ran a Malwarebytes scan which detected no threats. I am waiting to reset Firefox until I hear from you concerning not losing my bookmarks and saved passwords in Firefox

I am preparing for whatever may happen, I transferred all bookmarks and passwords over to Edge as a precaution

I just refreshed Firefox and it seems to have helped because my e mail was NOT scrambled when I checked

I am still going to keep my eye open concerning this issue and contact you if necessary

Thank-you for your help

Last edited:

peter912

No refreshing firefox doesn't remove bookmarks or saved logins.
Unfortunately I spoke too soon and things are back to the way they were before, missing letters and color change as well.

Even if we establish it is an issue with Firefox, if refreshing Firefox doesn't solve the problem then what more can we do ?

I was reading on the internet that two years ago people were having an issue with Firefox and Ad blockers. Why would this be effecting me now though ? It also said that people would be abandoning Firefox because of this issue.

Last edited: