Yahoo e mail scrambled and not legible

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure all extensions are uninstalled? Can you show a screenshot of installed extensions currently? If it works fine in Edge all the time then its a firefox issue somewhere.

peter912

Well at this moment it is fine, so maybe it is an intermittent issue ? I just checked my installed extensions and at the moment it is just showing UBlock as enabled and two others as disabled

peter912

johnb35 Things are not entirely good. Take a look at this screenshot from a web site. Notice how color is effected and some words are missing letters ? Look at the last line under New Game. Do you see what I mean ?Screenshot (78).png

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Again, if things work totally fine in Edge, then its something in firefox. Please uninstall all extensions in firefox and try for a day and see what happens. Even your adblocker. We have nothing else to go on except that its only happening in firefox. Also, if you use a different web browser for a full day and nothing happens then you can assume its firefox and most likely an extension causing the issue.

peter912

E mail was scrambled and then I removed U block in Firefox and the text was clear. Does this mean that I can't use any ad blocker with Firefox ? How weird is that ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can disable ublock for any page you visit. However, I'm using ublock and have no problems with my yahoo mail. But somehow your extension is causing an issue. You might want to try uninstalling firefox, reboot windows and then install firefox fresh and see what happens. You might lose bookmarks and saved logins though. But thats what I would try next.

peter912

I don't know, maybe it would be simpler just to give up on Firefox and use Microsoft Edge because it doesn't seem to have this problem even using U Block ?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I don't know, maybe it would be simpler just to give up on Firefox and use Microsoft Edge because it doesn't seem to have this problem even using U Block ?
You didn't even try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox like John suggested.

peter912

johnb35 Nothing I do seems to help, it's still the same. The only thing that helps is using a different browser, Edge . Why did this happen all of a sudden ? Also why are there different colors as well , pink ? Could Microsoft be doing this to get people to use their browser, Edge ,instead of another browser ? I disabled extensions, I reinstalled Firefox , nothing fixed it .

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I disabled extensions,
Don't disable, uninstall them. As I said before, I use firefox and ublock and have no problems with my yahoo mail even though I never use it. yahoo.jpg
The only thing that helps is using a different browser, Edge
I bet if you try chrome it will be ok as well. Has nothing to do with edge and mostly to do with firefox. What version of windows 10 are you on? How long has this been going on? Was there a windows update recently that could have caused this? The only other thing I can say is to take it in to a computer repair shop and have them figure out what it may be. If you have the time, do a fresh install of windows and I bet the issue will be gone. Have you ran any type of temp file cleaner such as Ccleaner. I always recommend that as well.

peter912

Don't disable, uninstall them. As I said before, I use firefox and ublock and have no problems with my yahoo mail even though I never use it. View attachment 10211

I bet if you try chrome it will be ok as well. Has nothing to do with edge and mostly to do with firefox. What version of windows 10 are you on? How long has this been going on? Was there a windows update recently that could have caused this? The only other thing I can say is to take it in to a computer repair shop and have them figure out what it may be. If you have the time, do a fresh install of windows and I bet the issue will be gone. Have you ran any type of temp file cleaner such as Ccleaner. I always recommend that as well.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe there was a windows 10 update and windows made it so that it would only be compatible with Edge ? How do I check the version of windows 10 that I have ? I think it started months ago and kept getting worse. Is there any reason that you use Firefox instead of Edge ? I have Windows Version 2004 .

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
windows made it so that it would only be compatible with Edge ?
This conspiracy theory needs to stop, Windows updates can cause many issues. To check to see what build you are on,
vinver.jpgbuild.jpg

1. Select the Start button and then select Settings .
  2. In Settings, select System > About
Or if you have a program that gives you an actual start menu like open shell. Click on start and in the search box type "winver" without the quotes and hit enter.

In my case I have 20h2

peter912

This conspiracy theory needs to stop, Windows updates can cause many issues. To check to see what build you are on,
View attachment 10212View attachment 10213

1. Select the Start button and then select Settings .
  2. In Settings, select System > About
Or if you have a program that gives you an actual start menu like open shell. Click on start and in the search box type "winver" without the quotes and hit enter.

In my case I have 20h2
For me it says that I have version 2004. So what now ?

peter912

johnb35 Quote from the internet " Some websites are not compatible with the browser ( Firefox )" Could this be the cause of what I am experiencing ? The odd thing is, why did it just start happening recently and I have been using Firefox over a decade ? I set my default browser to Edge now because I am tired of this battle using Firefox

Last edited:

peter912

John, So I thought that now it was finally fixed because I checked my Yahoo mail using Firefox . No issues and then I put U block back and it was corrupted again. I guess that means that I will stick with Edge because it has no problems with U block and I wouldn't really want to have to deal with all those ads.