Your Computer....

steam_guy14

I'm just wondering, how much did all of you spend on your computers... Roughly that is. Also, describe your system a little...

j0hn00

Praetor said:
$1030CAD not including the monitors

That's about US$835... how is that possible? Unless computer parts are far cheaper in Canada and you know someone willing to sell you the parts at cost. I've got an inferior system than yours and I spent almost $500 more on it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Computer parts are far cheaper (ok not all parts there are some parts that are usually cheaper in the US)
2. Two words: "computer show"
3. Two more words: "'junk' sale"
4. Not to mention when you plop down well over 20grand at a single store and develop a working relationship with the owner, you kinda set your price really. Of course I gotta be reasonable :p

Tha Killa

$600 something (USD) for mine, then $90 something for a 17 in. CRT monitor, and about $150 for extra gig of ram.

I wish there was some computer shows here... :mad:

Yeti

VIP Member
Probably around $1200-1400. I've added/upgraded some things and I haven't kept a running total.

Antec PlusView 1000AMG
P4 3.4C GHz
Abit IC7-G
2x512 MB PC3200 RAM
Radeon 9600XT 256 MB
NEC DVD-RW
SONY CD-RW/DVD
2x80 GB Hitachi HDDs RAID0
160 GB Seagate
250 GB Hitachi
Silverstone Zeus ST52F 520W PSU
Logitech wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 Channel Speakers
Princeton 17" LCD monitor
old Dell 17 CRT (not included in price)

Tha Killa

Praetor said:
And where might that be?

Hmm... duno... at a big center? We have a place called the Convention Center and some other places like that, but I haven't heard of a computer show here before.

Last edited:

atomic

Tha Killa said:
Hmm... duno... at a big center? We have a place called the Convention Center and some other places like that, but I haven't heard of a computer show here before.

i think he was asking where in the world you are located :D .....but as i dont speak for anybody but myself..i retract that statement. :rolleyes:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You miss the point of the question ... what city are you from?

.....but as I dont speak for anybody but myself..i retract that statement
LOL

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I spent $2500 on my the stats are below. I know it alot of money but I have not regretted it for a momment. This system just been performing great for me.

Bobo

banned
$1000 for OEM crap cuz my dad thinks I'll get electrocuted if I build my own (even though i have sucessfully built 2 older ones:rolleyes: )

Aaarrrggghhh, that is annoying :mad:

Echo_

The-Llamalizer said:
Mine was like 1600. I didn't build it myself, but went local and saved.

you didnt really save cuz i built a comp with 1700 and got much better specs

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Aha

Got mine for 700 dollars two years ago including my LCD monitor (DVD burner and 512 Mb ram excluded). My old Pentium II MMX 350 Mhz PC cost my parents 3500 dollars :eek:. It was a Compaq Presario 5200 with 128Mb of RAM, 8 gig HDD, An AGP 2x GFX card, 2 x FIREWIRE ports, a DVD-ROM drive believe it or not and an LCD monitor. I will never spend remotely that much ever again. I will stick below 1000 dollars for any PC I buy until I become a bit richer.

JAN :D