Your thoughts on windows 8?

lucasbytegenius

Bad decision on their behalf.
I agree, but I think they'd get criticized for leaving the Start Screen in, which they most certainly would. It's just something we'll have to adjust to, whether it means living with Windows 8 or sticking with something else.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Here is my question, how do you all think Windows 8 will do in the tablet market? I asked cause I have been thinking about it today and I remember when Windows 8 CP came out I installed it on a computer and was letting my mom play on it since she was in the market for a new computer and decided she was going to get a tablet. I told her to wait because at the end of the year it would be out and she told me that she was just going to get a android tablet cause that is what she knows.

Most of the users in the world are not like us, they do not do advance things at all they just need the basics, like I have been watching my wife and since I got her the galaxy S3 she hasn't touched her laptop in like a month. So what do you think? Will windows 8 be well excepted or will the average end user stick with what they know?

wolfeking

banned
Well good luck trying to convince Microsoft to put it back in, they're pretty set on eliminating it.
Personally I do not care what the hell they do. I am not going to use it, nor windows 9 or its replacement. I will stick to windows 7 till games don't work anymore, then windows becomes useless to me.

lucasbytegenius

Personally I do not care what the hell they do. I am not going to use it, nor windows 9 or its replacement. I will stick to windows 7 till games don't work anymore, then windows becomes useless to me.

Imo it's unfair to not give software that hasn't even been announced yet a try :p Windows 9 is too far into the future right now, haha.

wolfeking

banned
In my honest opinion is that it is the perfect time to give up on them. The design has gone down hill, and frankly the usefulness too. Vista was the top of the hill. 7 is a little down it, and 8 farther. If they make it to 9, it will likely be as bad or worse than vista-8 anyway.
I stand by my statement. I will not use anything farther than 7. Once games stop working on 7 (likely DX12), then I will just not use games anymore. Windows will be forever gone to me then. Going away from the dark ages that will be.

lucasbytegenius

In my honest opinion is that it is the perfect time to give up on them. The design has gone down hill, and frankly the usefulness too. Vista was the top of the hill. 7 is a little down it, and 8 farther. If they make it to 9, it will likely be as bad or worse than vista-8 anyway.
I stand by my statement. I will not use anything farther than 7. Once games stop working on 7 (likely DX12), then I will just not use games anymore. Windows will be forever gone to me then. Going away from the dark ages that will be.

You sure talk like Yoda a lot :p

Anyway, I think XP was at the top of the hill, and Vista was the dip between two hills, the second hill being Windows 7, because it's great. The next dip is Windows 8. I think the pattern here, starting from ME, is good version - bad version - good version, and I think that can be applied to Windows 9.

wolfeking

banned
I personally don't like XP. 2000 is where the top was for me. 7 sucks donky arse compared to XP/2K though. It is the only one, including Vista that runs 100% CPU usage on my D630 constantly. There is no point in that at all no matter the OS at all. And don't go saying it is the age of the machine. It is a T7100, no weakling compared to some others out there running it.

lucasbytegenius

I personally don't like XP. 2000 is where the top was for me. 7 sucks donky arse compared to XP/2K though. It is the only one, including Vista that runs 100% CPU usage on my D630 constantly. There is no point in that at all no matter the OS at all. And don't go saying it is the age of the machine. It is a T7100, no weakling compared to some others out there running it.

Actually, the age of the machine is partly to blame here. Also, how long did you wait before you gave up on Windows 7? When it first installs it spends some time indexing all the files for Windows Search, and Vista does the same thing. That's what's causing the CPU usage.

wolfeking

banned
4 1/2 hours. Long enough for the battery to dies. And if you are saying it can not handle windows 7 then I am stopping right there and saying in that case windows 7 is a communist asshole of an OS. If it will run with a pentium 4 but not a damn core 2 then it is FUBAR.

Personally, Windows is not useful to me. Blame my system if you want, but it runs every other OS out there (including OSX in most cases I have seen) without breaking a sweat

lucasbytegenius

4 1/2 hours. Long enough for the battery to dies. And if you are saying it can not handle windows 7 then I am stopping right there and saying in that case windows 7 is a communist asshole of an OS. If it will run with a pentium 4 but not a damn core 2 then it is FUBAR.

Personally, Windows is not useful to me. Blame my system if you want, but it runs every other OS out there (including OSX in most cases I have seen) without breaking a sweat

Alright. It's just really odd to me that you'll take nightmarish Vista over 7.

wolfeking

banned
I have never had any issue at all with Vista. However 7 has been plagued with issues from day one for me.
Moreover, Windows, no matter the version, is a desktop OS. If you want to use a mobile device, be it a tablet or a laptop or the various versions thereof, windows should be your last option. The other offerings (at least on the linux side) do a lot better job at conserving battery life, and using power save features. Not sure about Andriod for tablets, but I would bet being a smartphone based OS that it would be good with batterys too.