Your worst experience

bomberboysk

ordered a waterblock from performance-pcs.com, ordered on thursday, and it still hasn't shipped :mad: sidewinders on the other hand, i ordered there on saturday, and its been shipped today...
I never use performance pc's, their shipping sucks. I also ordered from sidewinders saturday and it shipped today. Sidewinders, petras, and jab-tech are all i use anymore.

just a noob

I never use performance pc's, their shipping sucks. I also ordered from sidewinders saturday and it shipped today. Sidewinders, petras, and jab-tech are all i use anymore.

i know, hank charges double that of sidewinders for the same box :mad: unfortunetly for me, it was cheaper than ordering direct from ek

raoul_1101

Come to find out everything is DOA but the PSU, and CD/DVD drive I spent about 6 hours messing with that computer. I called newegg and they where nice about it they RMA'ed everything and put a extra $50 on my account. The new parts got here same parts as before this time the GPU was dead again everything else was good I call newegg and they didn't wont to RMA the GPU I'm on the phone with them for about an hour and finally they issue me an RMA and credit $10 to my account.

All in all it was pretty bad experience probably about a 9/10 but I made $60 so not I total wast of my time.

How the f*** does that happen!? :mad:

I mean, I've never ever had a piece DOA, whats that chances of that happening. They must be out to get ya.

mr_simon

I bought a Zalman VNF100 Fanless CPU cooler for my new graphics card, and boom, it overheats. Cheers Zalman! £100 down the drain.

Fatback

VIP Member
How the f*** does that happen!? :mad:

I mean, I've never ever had a piece DOA, whats that chances of that happening. They must be out to get ya.

I don't know what happened with that build I was just having a bad day from the start then that really frustrated me. I build computers all the time so I have had my share of DOA parts but never the whole system even the case was all dented up I didn't order off newegg for about a month after that but then I got tired of paying more for the parts so I went back to them but they have pretty good customer service it all depends on who you get to talk to.

aviation_man

I don't know what happened with that build I was just having a bad day from the start then that really frustrated me. I build computers all the time so I have had my share of DOA parts but never the whole system even the case was all dented up I didn't order off newegg for about a month after that but then I got tired of paying more for the parts so I went back to them but they have pretty good customer service it all depends on who you get to talk to.

Wow.. I think you take the cake so far :p That would have made me pretty mad...Luckily Newegg is pretty good about returning stuff - better than other online computer stores...But still, that sucks...

Fatback

VIP Member
Wow.. I think you take the cake so far :p That would have made me pretty mad...Luckily Newegg is pretty good about returning stuff - better than other online computer stores...But still, that sucks...

Yea I would like to see someone with a worse computer hardware experience then that. Newegg is awesome sometimes they will not wont give you an RMA but they always do in the end. I would of gave that a 10/10 but I made $60 so I gave it a 9/10 instead.

Dystopia

had a laptop, and all of the sudden the charger port broke :eek: fixed it by carefully alining the little "sticks" that were still attached and put it back. Eventaully, they all broke. Fixed it by parting the laptop since the mobo cost more than the laptop was worth :p

probably a 7.

aviation_man

had a laptop, and all of the sudden the charger port broke :eek: fixed it by carefully alining the little "sticks" that were still attached and put it back. Eventaully, they all broke. Fixed it by parting the laptop since the mobo cost more than the laptop was worth :p

probably a 7.

That outta make someone mad :p Laptop parts can be expeeeeensiveeee.

Seeing the BSOD.

Been there, experienced that.. :( Those are no fun, of course.

vtorres

The funny thing is when i saw the BSOD on my XP i was not really bothered as it was an old family computer but as soon as i saw one on MY laptop i was scared but luckily it was a game crash nothing major :)

blue957400

my worst experience ever was in 7th grade when i failed to give some kid hot cheetos and he cracked me right in the face and i started bleeding and couldn't see anything.... i was too stunned to do anything but wash the blood off of myself.... wish i would have though...=/

Last edited:

bomberboysk

probably a 7.
DC power jacks for laptops arent hard to solder on and cost ~$10:p

aviation_man

my worst experience ever was in 7th grade when i failed to give some kid hot cheetos and he cracked me right in the face and i started bleeding and couldn't see anything.... i was too stunned to do anything but wash the blood off of myself.... wish i would have though...=/

I meant worst computer problem. But sounds painful...

DC power jacks for laptops arent hard to solder on and cost ~$10:p

Should asked on a thread on here. :) lol. bomberboysk would have saved you!

linkin

VIP Member
I just put a tiny yet annoying scratch in the centre of my new monitor! :angry:
oh well, a bit of superglue can fix that.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought a Zalman VNF100 Fanless CPU cooler for my new graphics card, and boom, it overheats. Cheers Zalman! £100 down the drain.

I think you mean GPU cooler (bold text)

It shouldnt have overheated if it was fitted properly,didnt you monitor the temps>

what card did it fry?

As for my worst experience,when i first got one of my first pcs.

The psu had one of those Voltage switches on the back,well me stupidly not looking when i got home and put it in that someone had switched it to another voltage and of course it was not the right one....bang goes that psu :p

didnt take anything else with it though.