Z77X-UD5H + i5 3570K Bios setting help please - thanks

salvage-this

I think im like you, i want to protect my new rig and since im new at OC, i wanna play it safe. i dont think im gonna be monitoring my temp once im done OC, i just want peace in mind

what are your settings for these?

PWM Phase Control:
Vcore Voltage Response:
Vcore Loadline Calibration:
Vcore Current Protection:

also, how long u had 4.5GHz @ 1.290v ???? few months with no issue?

and lastly, Im assuming ur not using offset voltage? so ur frecuency its always 4.5GHz? doesnt throttle down?

Alright. I took a look over those values. So far I have all of them set to auto. I might go and change them later once I figure out what they will change in stability.

otaku

My latest results :

4.4mhz with 1.225volts - stable - passed intelburn + prime95

Idlle temp 38ish

Intelburn test temp 79ish (CPU usage: 100%. stress level = standard. Times to run: 10)
Prime95 temp 69ish (blend test. number of torture: 4)

for some reason second core (#2) always have higher temp than the others

what you guys think of my temp? but honestly, my cpu will never run at full load
i think the highest i seen it go is 55C ish playing BF3 at ultra settings, and i think thats the most intense stress i put in my cpu. cuz other than bf3, i just surf the net and youtube

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
My latest results :

4.4mhz with 1.225volts - stable - passed intelburn + prime95

Idlle temp 38ish

Intelburn test temp 79ish (CPU usage: 100%. stress level = standard. Times to run: 10)
Prime95 temp 69ish (blend test. number of torture: 4)

for some reason second core (#2) always have higher temp than the others

what you guys think of my temp? but honestly, my cpu will never run at full load
i think the highest i seen it go is 55C ish playing BF3 at ultra settings, and i think thats the most intense stress i put in my cpu. cuz other than bf3, i just surf the net and youtube

that are OK temps, 55°c in gaming is good.

salvage-this

Yeah they look good to me. I can't remember if the Evo already has Push Pull or not but it might be good to add another fan to take the load temps down a bit. Not really necessary with the current temps but it would help.

otaku

Yeah they look good to me. I can't remember if the Evo already has Push Pull or not but it might be good to add another fan to take the load temps down a bit. Not really necessary with the current temps but it would help.

came with 1 fan .. but adding a second one is optional
but think about it ... i just dont like the idle temp

i was hoping somewhere in the 31ish

salvage-this

With the H60 mine at idle is around 35c. My basement is fairly cold.

you could re do the thermal paste to see if you were not getting a good contact. I doubt that it would lower more than a degree if any.

otaku

With the H60 mine at idle is around 35c. My basement is fairly cold.

you could re do the thermal paste to see if you were not getting a good contact. I doubt that it would lower more than a degree if any.

I'll use the 4.4 when i needed in the future with a good Cooler

i just loaded the optimized default - left everything as is
and change all turbo core to 4.1mhz

now idle is 29c and gaming with the 4.1 turbo feels the same as with 4.4
so yeah .. i did save the permanent 4.2 , 4.3 and 4.4 for later use

seeing idle at 29, i dont think i made a mistake isntalling that paste