Z97 anniversary (ASROCK) refuses to enter BIOS! Help!

Okedokey

The bios on the GPU shouldn't really determine if it outputs.

I would still be looking at the mobo. When you cleared the CMOS did you keep the power cable plugged in and the PSU switch to off? If not try that and also hold down the case on button for about 30 seconds.

Just to be sure, you're definitely sure you have the GPU seated firmly, the power connected and the monitor cable connected to the GPU not the onboard.

mistersprinkles

yes. I am sure. I will try clearing cmos again. Should I use the clear CMOS jumper or should I remove the battery? The reason I am considering a BIOS flash is that on another forum somebody linked a post from an ASROCK rep who said that using DVI and or flashing bios may resolve the issue. I know for sure that if I get a new monitor that will solve the issue.

GPU is definitely seated properly. I have built many computers :). Never had this issue before its really stumping me.

Okedokey

Yeah, remove the GPU and reset the CMOS by removing the battery with the computer plugged in at the wall, power outlet off, psu off. Hold down the case power button for 30 seconds. Reinstall and power on, enter bios and set default settings and save and restart. Shut down, reinstall 980, restart and set bios. Save and restart.