Anyone else running Windows eight? and if so how do you like it?

lucasbytegenius

Seriously Dude, it should be a fully federal offense, for any company to use slave labor, to write computer code that will be used to sell billions of dollars of hardware, while the programmers do not get their fair share of the profits.

If I am wrong, you will tellyour boss, not to pay you anymore, because you like working for free..................There is no difference. It's wrong, can you accept that I am actually defending the programmers here?
Yo dawg I gotz loads of troll food stocked up over here :cool:

The developers who made Android were most likely employed by Google, and then Google released the source code for free. Just like they did with Google Chrome and other stuff they've made.
The programmers are certainly getting their fair share, being employed by Google and all that, so there's no slave labor there.

EDIT: Darn it got the wrong page.

lucasbytegenius

Don't worry. He wants to try and prove everyone besides him is wrong ;-)
lol I see that. Man I'm loling hard at this entire thread. I can't believe someone could be that ignorant. He has to be a troll.
I lol'd especially at the fact that he thinks Windows 8 will beat Android and that it has a better antenna than the iPhone :D

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
lol I see that. Man I'm loling hard at this entire thread. I can't believe someone could be that ignorant. He has to be a troll.
I lol'd especially at the fact that he thinks Windows 8 will beat Android and that it has a better antenna than the iPhone :D

Truth here. I'm getting annoyed, but I'm having fun at the same time. Reminds me when I was arguing with Wolfymole over the summer.

Double-Aces

banned
I know, I just cannot believe how stupid some people are. He couldn't even make a decent argument.

Look silly, I have not argued anything here, I just posted some facts and questions. Why would I argue with ten year olds who have never had jobs, or used a computer in the workplace, and who proudly tell everyone what computer case that that their liquid cooled cheap Canadian CPU is in.

I own two SUV's, one car, six computers and a house, not bought in that order. So keep telling everyone what Athlon your Daddy bought you. Coolermaster.......................whaaaaaa

Silly.

Darthaus

Look silly, I have not argued anything here, I just posted some facts and questions. Why would I argue with ten year olds who have never had jobs, or used a computer in the workplace, and who proudly tell everyone what computer case that that their liquid cooled cheap Canadian CPU is in.

I own two SUV's, one car, six computers and a house, not bought in that order. So keep telling everyone what Athlon your Daddy bought you. Coolermaster.......................whaaaaaa

Silly.

I also own two cars, an suv, five computers, and a house. I work as a computer technician and my wife works at a mechanical company.
What does that have to do with anything in this post?

I noticed in a different post that you were bragging about a CRT that you have. Why? That tells us something of your knowledge of computers.

In regards to open source here's the definition as you need to read it if you think it means slave labor. If open source is garbage Linux wouldn't still exist and there wouldn't be things like sourceforge, firefox, chrome, vlc player, etc.

And a side note since your an M$ fanboy, did you know that DOS was originally QDOS which stood for Quick and Dirty Operating System. That's what your beloved windows is based on.

EDIT: What's this about Canadian chips? AMD is based in the US. Yes they have a campus in Canada but what does that have to do with quality?

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member

Silly.

Are you seriously going to say you haven't tried to argue a single thing? Go back through this entire thread and re-read everything you've posted (not that it matters; you'll still think it's correct).

You own six computers, huh? Congratulations. There was a point in time when I owned multiple computers as well (ranging from my first custom desktop to a tablet, netbook, two other laptops, etc.) but I eventually sold a few of them because I simply wasn't using them. And you wana know something else? I work with Darthaus. He knows his stuff and so do I, whereas you don't seem to know much at all. We both see people like you come into our computer shop on a regular basis and we just facepalm and shake our heads at the stupidity of these people thinking they know everything when they really don't. Oh and by the way, I've purchased all my computers and components on my own. It's my own hobby and profession, so nobody else funds it. What did you say about "daddy" buying my computer?

Now seriously, get off your high horse. Or (good lord I'm going to quote Tenacious D) "climb up on your big ass steed and ride, ride, ride" out of here.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Android was not created by Google. Android was created by Andy Rubin in 2003, and was bought by Google in 2005. It is now actively developed by the Open Handset Alliance, which is led by Google.

Now to your point about open source, you seem to think that anyone who creates open source programs are idiots. With open source, it returns control to the user. You can see the code, change it, and learn from it. Bugs are found and fixed much quickly and when users are unhappy with one particular product or vendor, they can choose another without overhauling everything - you aren't locked in to one particular vendors products.

As a result, the open source model often builds higher quality, more secure, more easily integrated software. And it does it at a vastly accelerated pace and often at a lower cost.

In the proprietary model, development occurs within one company. Programmers write code, hide it behind binaries, and charge customers to use the software--then charge them more to fix it when it breaks. The problem worsens when you become tied to a company's architecture, protocols, and file formats. Bruce Perens calls this the addiction model of software procurement. And we think a model that puts customers at such a fundamental disadvantage is conceptually broken.

Open source is not nameless, faceless, and it's not charity. Nor is it solely a community effort. What you see today is a technology revolution driven by market demand.

Imagine if all past knowledge was kept hidden or its use was restricted to only those who are willing to pay for it. Education and research would suffer. Publishing books or sharing information of any sort would become difficult. Yet this is the mentality behind the proprietary software model. In the same way shared knowledge propels the whole of society forward, open technology development can drive innovation for an entire industry.

Double-Aces

banned
Allow me to quote him from another thread:

Actually, you are also ignorant to 99.999% of all things. See, it's a big universe out there...................So trust me, any mathematician or theoretical physicist will back up my numbers and in fact most likely add a bunch of 9's at the end as well...........

Double-Aces

banned
Are you seriously going to say you haven't tried to argue a single thing? Go back through this entire thread and re-read everything you've posted (not that it matters; you'll still think it's correct).

You own six computers, huh? Congratulations. There was a point in time when I owned multiple computers as well (ranging from my first custom desktop to a tablet, netbook, two other laptops, etc.) but I eventually sold a few of them because I simply wasn't using them. And you wana know something else? I work with Darthaus. He knows his stuff and so do I, whereas you don't seem to know much at all. We both see people like you come into our computer shop on a regular basis and we just facepalm and shake our heads at the stupidity of these people thinking they know everything when they really don't. Oh and by the way, I've purchased all my computers and components on my own. It's my own hobby and profession, so nobody else funds it. What did you say about "daddy" buying my computer?

Now seriously, get off your high horse. Or (good lord I'm going to quote Tenacious D) "climb up on your big ass steed and ride, ride, ride" out of here.

Yes I will say that I am not arguing, I have posted some ideas, that are not really entirely popular, and you and others have attacked me for having those ideas. I just continue to post more ideas, all truths. Why would I possibly argue with simpeltons who post online what computer case, that they house their cheap AMD CPU in...? http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=AMD+Phenom+II+X4+965 On the other hand, I do find this place hysterically interesting.

Darthaus

Yes I will say that I am not arguing, I have posted some ideas, that are not really entirely popular, and you and others have attacked me for having those ideas. I just continue to post more ideas, all truths. Why would I possibly argue with simpeltons who post online what computer case, that they house their cheap AMD CPU in...? http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=AMD+Phenom+II+X4+965 On the other hand, I do find this place hysterically interesting.

If you don't mind could you tell us what CPU you may have in one of your plethora of machines? Just curious where they fall in your cpubenchmark list.
In regards to "cheap" AMD CPU's yes thats true. Notice the prices on those higher end CPU's in the list. Many are $1000+ well out of the reach of most consumers. Also about bashing the specs in some our machines, many (mine included) may be somewhat older and obviously the brand new processors are going to be higher end.
BTW I have an i7 in my Mac so I do have a "ritzy" "non-cheap" "quality" Intel as well.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
If you don't mind could you tell us what CPU you may have in one of your plethora of machines? Just curious where they fall in your cpubenchmark list.
In regards to "cheap" AMD CPU's yes thats true. Notice the prices on those higher end CPU's in the list. Many are $1000+ well out of the reach of most consumers. Also about bashing the specs in some our machines, many (mine included) may be somewhat older and obviously the brand new processors are going to be higher end.
BTW I have an i7 in my Mac so I do have a "ritzy" "non-cheap" "quality" Intel as well.

Well said my friend.

Yes Mr. Double Aces, please. Entertain us with the computers you are running.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Look silly, I have not argued anything here, I just posted some facts and questions.
Yes I will say that I am not arguing, I have posted some ideas, that are not really entirely popular, and you and others have attacked me for having those ideas
So it's a "fact" that all open source developers are stupid, poor, retarded and using open source software for commercial purposes is comparable to using slave labour? Most "facts" that you have posted are just utterly and completely wrong, yet you seem to ignore each well-argued rebuttal in the thread, instead bashing people for having Athlons (goodness gracious who would dare touch those impure, unworthy, cheap AMD CPUs). Nobody's bashing you for having an opinion, most of the bashing here is because you for some reason insist on clinging on your misconceptions and prejudices.

Double-Aces

banned

As a matter of fact, I was just thinking of that very same thing...Those CPU's are.

Pentium 4 3.0ghz
Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5ghz
Core 2 duo T2600 2ghz
Pentium dual core T4300 2.1ghz
Core i3-370M 2.4ghz
Core i7-3930K 3.8ghz------> http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-3930K+@+3.20GHz

Next ?

voyagerfan99

Staff member
As a matter of fact, I was just thinking of that very same thing...Those CPU's are.

Pentium 4 3.0ghz
Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5ghz
Core 2 duo T2600 2ghz
Pentium dual core T4300 2.1ghz
Core i3-370M 2.4ghz
Core i7-3930K 3.8ghz------> http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-3930K+@+3.20GHz

Next ?

Congratulations. You're obviously an Intel fanboy. And obviously we don't want to throw that kind of money into a computer. Even if I had the money I still wouldn't spend that much.

Last edited: