Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

linkin

VIP Member
That's kick arse man!!! I love that grill you're sitting the computer on :p What are the specs?

I have but one recommendation: stick the DVD drive in the top slot, it makes the whole thing look much "cleaner" if you get my meaning.

EDIT: I see you're running windows xp there. you planning on getting windows 7? you should, you got a 5870 after all.

Last edited:

Ethan3.14159

Good to see another CM 690 on CF! Best case for the money hands down! Nice, clean setup. The back of my motherboard tray looks the same, lol. Welcome to CF, by the way.

Might as well post my 690 as well. I love that case!

20455_275907591724_661986724_3478702_263621_n.jpg

20455_275907601724_661986724_3478703_7221885_n.jpg

20455_275907586724_661986724_3478701_2151713_n.jpg

Last edited:

Buzz1927

Digaredd
I have but one recommendation: stick the DVD drive in the top slot, it makes the whole thing look much "cleaner" if you get my meaning.
And maybe take the stickers off! :p

It looks like you should be able to run the cpu power cable behind the mobo as well, will look much cleaner! :)

jevery

Finally had the time to put together my rig. Took two days of reading and carefully managing my cables. This was my first build so go easy if you don't think it looks good enough haha.

I'm impressed, very well done, especially for a first build. :good:

87dtna

AzetonMartin- NICE setup but I agree with what the other guys said. Move the DVD to the top, take off the stickers, and run the CPU power underneath the mobo it's way better. I know you put the dvd in the middle for better cable management, but it will look much better on the outside plus your case still has top slots for cables to go through to the back.

Last edited:

khoikn

It's not really a looker, but it's my setup.
Still waiting get an Hp Touchsmart, but here is what I'm rocking right now.
IMGP0861.jpg

AzetonMartin

That's kick arse man!!! I love that grill you're sitting the computer on :p What are the specs?

EDIT: I see you're running windows xp there. you planning on getting windows 7? you should, you got a 5870 after all.

Thanks! Specs have been updated to my signature.

I agree that it looks cleaner, but the fact is that I didn't have a long enough Sata cable to stretch from the top, through the back hole, back through the middle hole to attach to the motherboard. Also, I only had a right-angled Sata cable left so it was the only space I could put it in while keeping everything nice and tidy.

Good to see another CM 690 on CF! Best case for the money hands down! Nice, clean setup. The back of my motherboard tray looks the same, lol. Welcome to CF, by the way.

Might as well post my 690 as well. I love that case!

Thanks for the compliment and the warm welcome :D. Yeah I am really loving the case!

And maybe take the stickers off! :p

It looks like you should be able to run the cpu power cable behind the mobo as well, will look much cleaner! :)

Haha I'll take off the stickers when I decide to having a cleaner look.

I tried, but the front of the cable doesn't fit through the top hole so I have no other choice but to stretch it from the bottom and back behind the GPU :(

I'm impressed, very well done, especially for a first build. :good:

Thanks! I really appreciate the comment. It sure was a nice feeling to be finished and have everything work as it should.

AzetonMartin- NICE setup but I agree with what the other guys said. Move the DVD to the top, take off the stickers, and run the CPU power underneath the mobo it's way better. I know you put the dvd in the middle for better cable management, but it will look much better on the outside plus your case still has top slots for cables to go through to the back.

Yeah I will try to move the optical drive to the top whenever I pick up a longer sata cable. It was the only option I had given the tools I had.

87dtna

I tried, but the front of the cable doesn't fit through the top hole so I have no other choice but to stretch it from the bottom and back behind the GPU :(

You don't have to put it through the hole. The cable can just be underneath the motherboard itself, not necessarily behind the case panel.

My case doesn't have any holes.

Sorry for the blury pics but I think you get the idea-

cpucable1.jpg

cpucable2.jpg

Finally had the time to put together my rig. Took two days of reading and carefully managing my cables. This was my first build so go easy if you don't think it looks good enough haha. Oh and I ran out of twist ties or whatever you call it so I had to use like two or three pieces of tape to hold some fan wires to the case. I also added an additional fan at the bottom after taking these pics. I'll pick some more ties and take the tape out. I haven't had the time to research on how to overclock but I'll be doing that in the near future, along with maybe playing around with some fans to find a good balance.
Wow, that cable management is superb.