1 vs. 2

Which one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

m0nk3ys1ms

i still havent decided what build, ill say total i want to spend like 450-ish (perferably less) for everything. im going to get either a x800gto or 7600gs video card, and cheap case and psu that have good ratings. im order the video card at a later date and im going to use a card that I have. and im just going to use a 40gb ata133 drive and get a 160gb wd one when i can get vista.

tweaker

VIP Member
monkeysims said:
im going to use a card that I have.
I hope your not referring to the MX4000 in your sig because it wont work with either one of the motherboards you've listed.

tweaker

VIP Member
Because the motherboards lack the needed AGP slot. But it just hit me that the 4000 came as a PCI card as well so it depends on which one you have.

Rambo

I would find out your budget first on how much you want to spend on each component... That way, it'll be easier to look for them :)

You don't want to end up buying an expensive GPU and cheap PSU for it to blow up and possibly render half of your computer useless. I would recommend spending $50 - $60 on a PSU that will be reliable.

holyjunk

Well, then I still stick with build 2, but still look for a mobo becauase I would choose amd over intel pretty much all the time.

Rambo

monkeysims said:
can you find me the best stuff for 450 rambo?

Ok, this is what I have come up with... If you do a bit more hard searching in Newegg, you may be able to find slightly better deals (for instance, there were cases for $10, but I was pretty sure they would be very bad quality...).
==================
Total - $442.94 (After MIR's)

Last edited:

holyjunk

Sorry if this was mentioned before but what about july 24 when amds prices drop? Can you wait? The x2 3800 will be $170usd.

Rambo

Yeah, I was going to mention that... However, when $450 is your budget, and the processor takes up about 35% of that money, it's hard to get everything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.