$1000 Build

azeem40

Also, bigfella, just because you are bigger doesn't mean you have to insult someone else by using sarcasm. How would you like it if I insulted you?

Okedokey

Also, bigfella, just because you are bigger doesn't mean you have to insult someone else by using sarcasm. How would you like it if I insulted you?

Azeem, stop trolling and keep this topic on track, which is about the build. If you want to see tonnes of evidence for overclocking effects on gaming, go to that section. In terms of insults, i didn't use sarcasm once.

True. No sarcasm. Maybe your being sarcastic azeem? Saying it's not a difference? It will give a difference. Maybe not a very noticible one when you get to chips that nice, but for benchmarking, every bit helps. And it's free if you have a good cooler. Give us a good reason why you shouldn't OC an additional 700 MHZ.

danthrax

If you don't think overclocking SB or IB helps games you haven't got a clue.
I am not trying to argue either way, but I do not see any gains in BF3 @ 4.3GHz vs stock. However I am not running 1080p+ resolutions, so that is not to say that there is a place where it could benefit from OCing.
Of course it helps games, but not as much as previous gen cpus.
What made you assume I didn't think it helps games. It does, but not enough.
Im sorry but there is just so much evidence around showing that you're wrong its not funny. Just google it.
Oh, I have googled it and can show you where it doesn't help. BTW, settings of the GPU do not matter. It's funny how people think just because they have more posts they are smarter than the other. Not everything is explained through benchmarks. Logic plays into it too (referring to the settings of the GPU).
Oh, I have googled it and can show you where it doesn't help. BTW, settings of the GPU do not matter. It's funny how people think just because they have more posts they are smarter than the other. Not everything is explained through benchmarks. Logic plays into it too (referring to the settings of the GPU).
What do you mean, not enough? It's a free upgrade. If you know what you're doing, an overclock will not pose a single threat to breaking the chip or any other problems. Even on a stock cooler, most chips can get a nice .5ghz up.
I am not saying not to get it lol. I have an i5-2500k OCed to 4.5 GHz.
Azeem, stop trolling and keep this topic on track, which is about the build. If you want to see tonnes of evidence for overclocking effects on gaming, go to that section. In terms of insults, i didn't use sarcasm once.
True. No sarcasm. Maybe your being sarcastic azeem? Saying it's not a difference? It will give a difference. Maybe not a very noticible one when you get to chips that nice, but for benchmarking, every bit helps. And it's free if you have a good cooler. Give us a good reason why you shouldn't OC an additional 700 MHZ.

k