2 7900GT's VS one 7950 GX2

Which card/s

• 2 7900GT's

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • 1 7950GX2

Votes: 42 82.4%

• Total voters

bigsaucybob

The single 7950GX2 will play any game out now and for a while on max settings. Then when it starts to lag on newer games, just add in another one.

fade2green514

yea, i'd go with a single 7950GX2 over dual 7900gt. personally though, id wait for DX10 befoer upgrading anyways... as long as you can play games right now i'd say just wait a couple months into 2k7.
insane...yes..pointless and a waste of money..this is also true..
some people have money to waste :D i sure dont though. haha hopefully someday i will.

Last edited:

InFlames_44

I find it hard to understand the amounts of money people spend on one GPU.The 7950gx2 would put a huge dent in a new computers budget.

Now don't get me wrong i would love to have dual 7950gx2,but its just not realistic for me.
And you all must admitt...even a single 7900gt or 7900gtx is plenty for playing alot of games..im sure you enjoy playing your games with a single card such as the 7900gt do you not?
Its better then nothing,some people cannot even afford one 7900gt.

Geoff

VIP Member
I find it hard to understand the amounts of money people spend on one GPU.The 7950gx2 would put a huge dent in a new computers budget.

Now don't get me wrong i would love to have dual 7950gx2,but its just not realistic for me.
And you all must admitt...even a single 7900gt or 7900gtx is plenty for playing alot of games..im sure you enjoy playing your games with a single card such as the 7900gt do you not?
Its better then nothing,some people cannot even afford one 7900gt.

I know, some people are just righ snobs who spend money on things they dont even need. Then there are others who save up money for a few months so they can buy a 7600GT...

Dr Studly

banned
[-0MEGA-];408530 said:
I know, some people are just righ snobs who spend money on things they dont even need. Then there are others who save up money for a few months so they can buy a 7600GT...

i hate that, when people have more money than u you and buy stuff WAY better than u, people just shrug it off, roll theiir eyes and say that that is dumb having all that money...

its their money, there is nothing wrong with being gaudy...

i can't afford any of that, but i don't get pissed at other people for being able to spend boatloads of money...

kirilltch

1 7950 GX2 is way much better than 2 7900GT's. At least now...a friend of mine has 2 7900GTs and he has trouble getting games to fully use both of them, so it is a waist of money, at least until better drivers come. I have one 7950 GX2 and i have no problems with it, everything runs at max on all games that i tried so far. If you have to chose, than chose 1 7950, remember that you could always add one more :)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I would just get one 7950GX2. You don't even need an SLI motherboard and you can have dual graphics card power. Also, it uses 512mb per card instead of most 7900gt's with 256mb, so theres another plus. Only bad thing i can think of is that the heatsink is kinda wimpy, especially the bottem card one, and can get toasty.

Iluvpenguins

I'd get the 7900's just cuz you can say yeah i have 2 graphics card to people who don't know a darn thing about computers,lawl.