2 7900GT's VS one 7950 GX2

Which card/s

• 2 7900GT's

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • 1 7950GX2

Votes: 42 82.4%

• Total voters

JSquier

I don't think that games will take full advantage of the 7950GX2 before DX10 comes out. So in my opinion, a 7900GT would be just as well until DX10

Dr Studly

banned
obviously 2 7900GTs over 1 7950GTX
think about it... 2 7900GTs:
7900+7900=15800
that is obviously a much higher number than 7950...

Christian Darrall

no you never he was faster

i think things are going way 2 far they are just increasing speeds on these things never changing it.

x2 is better as at least its incorportating a new technology. (dual core)

wait until gfx cards have HT technology (which btw what is HT Technology)

Last edited:

bball4life

the GX2 is basically two 7900GTXs together... so id say the GX2
No its two 7900gt's. So performance techinically they should be neck and neck, but sli isn't perfect so I would assume that teh gx2 would have the upper hand. But not necissarily, because when you run then in quad sli you only get 300% of the performance of a single 7900gt, so essentially you are losing a whole gpu. I said a gx2, it leaves the option of running them in sli, if you so choose.

bigsaucybob

no you never he was faster

i think things are going way 2 far they are just increasing speeds on these things never changing it.

x2 is better as at least its incorportating a new technology. (dual core)

wait until gfx cards have HT technology (which btw what is HT Technology)

x2 is not always better, maybe in a CPU but not in GPU. Why have two when you can have one of equal power.

HT technology is what is used in Intel and AMD processors, its called hyper threading in Intel and Hyper Transport in AMD (i think). It makes the processor think it has two physical cores by like grouping information.

bball4life

AMD doesn't have any type of Hyper Threading at all. Hyper Transport is the same thing as Front Side Bus, just one is AMD on is Intel.