3d Mark 03/05 Scores :)

Geoff

VIP Member
I couldnt find it either, if you did get it, you should unplug and remove anything that you dont need, such as extra optical drives, un-necessary PCI cards, ect, since all of these use a certain wattage, if you do that, you should be all set.

ckfordy

banned
geoff5093 said:
I couldnt find it either, if you did get it, you should unplug and remove anything that you dont need, such as extra optical drives, un-necessary PCI cards, ect, since all of these use a certain wattage, if you do that, you should be all set.

i have a soundblaster live24bit and tv tuner card and videocard and harddrive dvd drive dvd rw drive one cpu fan and its a dell computer 4700 if i needed to take any parts out what would it be and do i need to

Geoff

VIP Member
i would take out the dvd drive, and leave the dvd burner in, and i would take out the tv tuner, unless you want to keep it in there.

ckfordy

banned
geoff5093 said:
i would take out the dvd drive, and leave the dvd burner in, and i would take out the tv tuner, unless you want to keep it in there.

k thanks

and will the powersupply be up to the job if i do that

Geoff

VIP Member
im not entirely sure, i dont want to say yes and then have it mess up your computer, if I were you i would go with a lower end card like the 9600XT or 9800PRO which i think requires only 250watts but is still good for todays current games.

ckfordy

banned
geoff5093 said:
im not entirely sure, i dont want to say yes and then have it mess up your computer, if I were you i would go with a lower end card like the 9600XT or 9800PRO which i think requires only 250watts but is still good for todays current games.

will those cards work with battlefield 2 and play it in at least medium settings

Geoff

VIP Member
ya, lol, thats what i meant. And i can also play half-life 2 around high settings @ 1280x1024 resolution.

ckfordy

banned
geoff5093 said:
ya, lol, thats what i meant. And i can also play half-life 2 around high settings @ 1280x1024 resolution.

k thanks for all the help

and i can only find the 9600xt in agp and i need pci e do you know if they make it in pci e

Last edited:

tweaker

VIP Member
AMD64 said:
k thanks for all the help

and i can only find the 9600xt in agp and i need pci e do you know if they make it in pci e

Have a look at the X600Pro, dependng on your budget. Also check your PSU for the Amps on the +12V rail. And read Praetors PSU 101 sticky.

http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=10764

Heres some scores from my new system (currently burning in), everything is running stock & with the os untweaked:

03-stock.jpg

05-stock.jpg

Running CPU Burn-in in the background didn't affect the score a single point, got to love these chips. :)

Last edited:

Joefox

Laptop score: 3dmark03 8593 stock settings

Sager Notebook
3.2ghz p4 1mb L2
X800 Mobile Radeon DDR3
1 Gigabyte DDR2
Windows Media Center Edition

Filip

skidude said:
Thats unbelievable for a X300, I bet you got an AMD 64 right??

i wouldn't say that cuz may friend has an intel 1.7GHz with 256MB DDR and a Canyon radeon 9550 core@250 ddr@400, hr got a score 999 lol, and after little OC'ing cpu 1.9GHz and GPU@450 ddr@500 nad then he got a 1350, thats icredible, btw he has a sis 645 mobo, very old