3DMARK06 Scores Here

fade2green514

lol i can get it to run stable at ddr520 3-3-2-5 but i had it at ddr532 and that runs stable 3-3-3-6. i just forgot to change the timings back. of course i still need a new psu so right when i was done benchmarking, i put the clocks back.

underworld288

i have a question about the scores on 3dmark06, i know its stupid but, it is the higher the score the better or the lower the better. I was asking because the more I overclock my GPU the lower my score gets.

Jesse1984

underworld288 said:
i have a question about the scores on 3dmark06, i know its stupid but, it is the higher the score the better or the lower the better. I was asking because the more I overclock my GPU the lower my score gets.
The higher the score the better. You may have overclocked too much if your score is dropping.. As far as i know, when you start to get artifacts appearing on the screen during benchmarking its time to back off the core and mem speed a little until you no longer see artifacts appearing.. (sort of like snow on the screen) Goodluck :)

fade2green514

exactly...
i got 3685 whick i thought was pretty good until i looked at some of your guys scores.
that seems low for a 7800gt. maybe its because its at stock. i have a 7800gt and it benchmarks around 4500 overclocked to 490 core 1.2ghz memory. i can't imagine dual core proc would add 1000 in 3dmark... but hey you never know.

Jesse1984

My score is: 4257

Geez it was going slow on the CPU test on the mountain with the little mini-map thing on the right hand side.. think i need a faster CPU.. maybe 4400+ x2. Hopefully the socket 939's will drop in price now that AM2 is here :rolleyes:

ceewi1

VIP Member
Jesse1984 said:
Geez it was going slow on the CPU test on the mountain with the little mini-map thing on the right hand side..
That's normal

think i need a faster CPU.. maybe 4400+ x2. Hopefully the socket 939's will drop in price now that AM2 is here :rolleyes:
Only if you're finding it slow with other programs. No point in buying a new CPU just for 3DMark! The 3800's not bad at all.

Last edited:

Jesse1984

Hey MasterEVC, we have a very similar system.. if anything i would have thought that with my OS installed on my 2xraptor 10,000rpm sata drives in raid 0 that i would get slightly higher scores than you.. Your CPU is overclocked so i guess thats the difference.. since im only running at stock on my 3800+ wich is 2.41Ghz.. Whats the core and mem of your GPU? :D

Jesse1984

Thanks for the reply ceewi1, yeh not worth upgrading just for benchmarking.. if i did tho it would certainly impove video encoding which im doing alot of these days.. but ill wait for a while.. Dont see many Aussie's around here.. Good to see!

Geoff

VIP Member
Jesse1984 said:
Geez it was going slow on the CPU test on the mountain with the little mini-map thing on the right hand side.. think i need a faster CPU.. maybe 4400+ x2. Hopefully the socket 939's will drop in price now that AM2 is here :rolleyes:
The reason is because you have a single core, not a dual core. Even with the X2 4800+, the FPS in both tests usually stay at 0-1FPS, with the ocassional 2FPS spike.

939 prices have come down somewhat, but the X2 prices will be dramatically reduced once Conroe comes out, the X2's will be about 35-45% lower.

Nutcase

This is kinda offtopic but I don´t feel like revive that 3dmark05 topic so I post my 05 score here just to ensure that the score is decent before running 3mdark06. So I get 7800pts something with all parts stock and after OC'ing that processor of mine to 2.2GHz I got like 8600pts something..

3DMark06 score will come as soon as I´ll dl it and I'm working on it :)

liquidshadow

I got 4813 on my 7800GTX. It's not overclocked as high as it used to be. I could probably get to about 5000 if I overclocked it back to 525/1400. Currently it's at 500/1300.

fade2green514

Only if you're finding it slow with other programs. No point in buying a new CPU just for 3DMark! The 3800's not bad at all.
couldn't have said it better myself.
i'd be fine with my old 7800gt but my uncle bought me this 7900gtx.
as long as you can run games on high (or a quality that you're satisfied with the money) then you should be fine. honestly my 7900gtx doesn't play games any higher quality really... just a higher AA rating. lol AA isn't that great anyways.
both cards are pretty amazing though.
besides why upgrade to dual core when the only games that benefit from it are quake 4 and COD2 really... if i remember correctly at least.
3dmark does, but what difference does it make if 3dmark does, its just bragging rights lol.

btw, not only is the 3800+ "not bad"... its amazing. i mean, really... most games will be bottlenecked by the video card a lot more than they will the cpu.

Last edited:

Nutcase

Yep that´s the way it is :)

got this everything stock except CPU @ 2.2GHz
marks7kq.jpg

Good score i think.