3DMARK06 Scores Here

34erd

I just spent 3 hours DL it and tehn I extarcted it to my temp internet files folder and nothing happened? I know this is newbish but where is the folder?

Geoff

VIP Member
34erd said:
I just spent 3 hours DL it and tehn I extarcted it to my temp internet files folder and nothing happened? I know this is newbish but where is the folder?

If its still there that is....

C:\Windows\Temp

Geoff

VIP Member
I realized why my score is so low, unless you run 3DMark06 on a SM3 capable card, the scores arent compatible. Since with mine, it cant run the HDR/SM3, only the SM2 and CPU. So it adds them up and i got a score of 1771, whereas matrix can run SM3, and he gets about 600 points higher than me but because he can run SM3, it adds up 3 totals.

So thats why the '06 scores are so far apart. So you cant compare them unless you run the same tests.

randruff

Rambo said:
ok, just downloaded it, and ran it...

CPU @ 2.3 Ghz, GPU @ 460/1200:

3dmark06oc1.jpg

I'm gonna oc some more tomorrow, and try and get those extra 4 points! :D

Rambo, did you pay for it? How were you able to run the HDR/SM3.0 tests? You said you just downloaded it. Share the wealth!!! :p

Nutcase

P11 said:
Heres my score: Im disappointed....

06.jpg

Sorry cause this is kind of offtopic but how can I get my deskop look that way? =)

Was it style xp or what program did you use?

Rambo

randruff said:
Rambo, did you pay for it? How were you able to run the HDR/SM3.0 tests? You said you just downloaded it. Share the wealth!!! :p

I didn't pay for it, lol :confused: I got it from BitTorrent in the end (no, not an illegal version...). Hehe, I'm as poor as... [Insert somehting that is very poor here]. :p I was able to run the HDR/SM3.0 tests becuase my GPU supports those features.

Rambo

MatrixEVO said:
I scored 3753

Beat this! :p

3dmark06oc2.jpg

My CPU was OCed to 2.46 Ghz then (160 Mhz more), and not much of an improvement did I see. I got about an extra 50 points or so? Is this becuase the tests are focused more on the graphical side now?

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Theres no way im even going to attempt to run the '06 bench, no way in hell.... I would like a graphics card left at the end of it...... see sig........

Geoff

VIP Member
skidude said:
Strange how the 7800GT out-performed the X850XT, which was ATI's top card for many months.
its because it doesnt support SM3, see when 3DMark06 calculates the score, it adds up the 3 tests (SM2, CPU, and SM3), so a 7800GT would get something like 3500, where the x850 only can run 2 tests (SM2, and CPU). So unless the cards are capable of running SM3, you cant compare the cards with 3DMark06.

To compare rambo's card with one that doesnt have SM3, you just dont include it. So its like i got a score of 1771, and he got a score of 2619.

skidude

dragon2309 said:
actually i think i should run it just for comedy value........

DO IT!! It would give me a good laugh I can see it now:

"Oh man I ran 3DMark06 and got like a 105!!! w00t!" :D

Geoff

VIP Member
skidude said:
DO IT!! It would give me a good laugh I can see it now:

"Oh man I ran 3DMark06 and got like a 105!!! w00t!" :D
thats if his system can support it. It would be funny to see his score though.

have you ran it yet skidude?