3DMARK06 Scores Here

Archangel

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];890809 said:
Sounds decent for stock, now OC that sucker! My score was 14,039 so I bet you can beat that :)

2 problems tough, 1) this mother board 'officially' doesnt support my current CPU, I gues the chipset is at its max running it on stok, because I cant seem to overclock it :p 2) the ram of my crafic's card isnt covered by the cooler (well, no heatsink directly mounted onto it) so I'm not sure weither I can OC that one either.) however, what program could I use to OC it?

Geoff

VIP Member
2 problems tough, 1) this mother board 'officially' doesnt support my current CPU, I gues the chipset is at its max running it on stok, because I cant seem to overclock it :p 2) the ram of my crafic's card isnt covered by the cooler (well, no heatsink directly mounted onto it) so I'm not sure weither I can OC that one either.) however, what program could I use to OC it?
If you're using XP, use ATI Tool.

If you're using Vista, then use RivaTuner and ATI Tool for artifact scanning.

Archangel

VIP Member
I found something to twiddle around with in the CCC, jsut set the GPU clock to 830, tested, and it passed the test :p I'm curious if it will run stable ^_^

edit: 11249 with the GPU overclocked only.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I found something to twiddle around with in the CCC, jsut set the GPU clock to 830, tested, and it passed the test :p I'm curious if it will run stable ^_^

edit: 11249 with the GPU overclocked only.
What is it at stock? Honestly going from 11006 to 11249 means nothing, you wont notice any difference in games. The real benefit comes from overclocking the CPU, and video card (more core and memory) together.

Archangel

VIP Member
771 the tab was on, so i suppose thats stock :p like said, i dont think I can Oc the memory a lot. (they are rated at 2.2GHz, and run stock on 2.25GHz already, without a heatsink directly mounted on top of the modules (Low energy consumption ftw :) ) )
and I cant OC my processor jsut yet :(

I gues my next upgrade will be a Asus Maximus motherboard or so. ^_^

Geoff

VIP Member
771 the tab was on, so i suppose thats stock :p like said, i dont think I can Oc the memory a lot. (they are rated at 2.2GHz, and run stock on 2.25GHz already, without a heatsink directly mounted on top of the modules (Low energy consumption ftw :) ) )
and I cant OC my processor jsut yet :(

I gues my next upgrade will be a Asus Maximus motherboard or so. ^_^
You should get the X48 when it comes out, hehe.
I oc'd my 2900XT from 741 to 820, although I heard that the 3870 overclocks better. Is that the highest you can get out of the 3870?

Archangel

VIP Member
jsut ran 3dmark06 with this card on 860MHz core and 2300MHz memory. aka, putting the memory up by 50MHz and the core up by another 40MHz compared to last try (where I got 11249) and now i got a score of 11348, not really an improvement.
I'll go try OC my processor on this board, but I doubt I'll get far tbh. (not to mention, I find the bios of this board kinda weird anyway)

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Yeah, with my OC on my card, i don't see a difference in scores (maybe 200 more points). But i do notice a increase in FPS during games.

Interested

25qep2h.jpg

is that ok for my setup?

I think this card is amazing for price:performance. Stock its at 560, right now, with the score you see its at 700. is it a good score or what?

LCS/drummer

i have a question, if you had a:

QX9770
8GB of ddr3 Ram
3 nVida 9800 ultra (futuristic.....2/14/08) in SLI
2 1TB HDD's
ALL liquid cooled..... and some oc'ing

about what would your score be?

reddevil6

ok just did dads computer no OCing on it an i think is a good score for his rig i was thinking he would get 5-6K but he got 7K an if u look at the vid card score it gets just as good as the 8800GTX an olmost got to the 8800GT 512MB card
Dads3DMARK06Score.jpg

Cleric7x9

ok just did dads computer no OCing on it an i think is a good score for his rig i was thinking he would get 5-6K but he got 7K an if u look at the vid card score it gets just as good as the 8800GTX an olmost got to the 8800GT 512MB card
QUOTE]

ok

1) its really hard to understand your post when you dont use any punctuation at all

2) although that is still a very respectable 3dmark06 score, it is nowhere near what an 8800GT(X) system would get. No 8800GT(X) system should get less than 10,000.

vonfeldt7

No 8800GT(X) system should get less than 10,000.

Mine does. ...

I have the 8800GT 512MB and get about 9050. I have 2GB of DDR2 @ 667MHz, and a Athlon X2 5000+. The reason I do so horrible is because it's a damn Dell. (I also replaced the PSU).

Anyways, once I get my new build, it'll all be good.