512mb 7800 Gtx Pics And Stats!

Thechefxxxv

Okay guys. Scores come in sunday because I have to work pretty much non stop till then, and my PC is at home. 3DMark05 it is then. I am probably one of about 50 people I know of who has two of these cards (and we all got them from the same source). No, I did not buy my way into getting these, I just won a raffle! I am sorry about the 5 messages, I have strange problems with my browser and re-sending forums.

You can believe me or you can not, I would find it VERY hard to believe if I was another person reading this. Just, please, don't call me a liar. If you doubt me, just don't say anything about it.

Last edited:

pbsk8er03

Hey guys I have 2 512 GTX's as well. I don't know if this is right. This is in PCmark05 btw:

PC Mark '05: 100,000,000

::rolls eyes::

Thechefxxxv

well, if you want revenge, I just got my now MONTHLY computer budget trimmed down to 100 bucks..... (no thanks to my wife)

Mr.Suave

pbsk8er03 said:
You guys believe this guy? Pretty sad. Here is someoe who CAN PROVE they own one.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59593&page=5
OMFG that thread is soo long!! soo many people do eager too see and a bunch of useless posts...
if any one finds any benches on the 512mb pls post cuz going threw all the 27pages is ganna take a long timeand i still have hw to do...

Also have you guys seen the new Video Cards 101 by Prea.?? in it, it says
Do note that videocards with 512MB of onboard memory do exist however there has yet to be significant/noticeable performance gains from investing into that platform.
this makes me really doubt that the 7800GTX 512mb will be wat its all hyped up to be.. but then again anything can happen.... I do hope it lives up to the hype and more.

Geoff

VIP Member
Thechefxxxv said:
well, if you want revenge, I just got my now MONTHLY computer budget trimmed down to 100 bucks..... (no thanks to my wife)

so you got rid of your x1800 to get 2 7800GTX's? wow, where do you work? lol

Thechefxxxv

Modoman said:
^it is also clocked pretty high, but ihave read that it is not really worth replacing a regular gtx
Yeah, There wont be any real proformance difference untill games start using that many textures. At least its future proof. Its kinda like the beginnings of DDR2. They had only DDR2 400 and that had little, if any proformance boost over DDR 400 when DDR2 first came out. It will probably be better when a 8800GTX card comes out, by then games will look so nice they will need the extra boost in graphics memory. When I do my benchmarks, I bet I will have close to the same speeds as a guy with two 7800GTX.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Mr.Suave said:
this makes me really doubt that the 7800GTX 512mb will be wat its all hyped up to be.. but then again anything can happen.... I do hope it lives up to the hype and more.
Have you not seen the stock clock speed son it then?

Mr.Suave

elmarcorulz said:
Have you not seen the stock clock speed son it then?
yes but then again it could be all BS and technically nothing is official till it is officially released the 14th.

3 more days!!!!!! ahh i cant w8!! and its a skool day too!!!:( :mad:!!!

pbsk8er03

Thechefxxxv said:
Why does that matter. You already have 2x 7800 GTX's and a 1800XT. :rolleyes:

34erd

Thechefxxxv said:
WTF dude how can you say that so lightly.. You must be reeeeaaaaaalllllllllllllllllly rich, thats like my YEARLY computer buget.

4W4K3

VIP Member
34erd said:
WTF dude how can you say that so lightly.. You must be reeeeaaaaaalllllllllllllllllly rich, thats like my YEARLY computer buget.

Or he just has a job lol. Alot of people have monthly amounts that they either save, or put into a hobby. For my dad it's usually with his music and savigns, for my friends with jobs its savings. For my dad $100 a month is a tight month, he can usually save alot more since he is froogle(sp?) with his money. for my friends probly ~$50 a month they can afford to save. It's not that much really.