A new way of taking pictures...

kobaj

VIP Member
Thats true, cutting and pasting would probably look better, but its a lot easier to just click "combine images to hdr" then to spend time cutting...I wouldnt call myself lazy, just time deprived. ;)

If I ever need a HDR image for something, I think I will just cut and paste, but I dont think Im ever getting a job in photography. :D

subtle

it honestly looks better when you actuall cut the background and foreground and manually combine the frames, which is an old trick

It seems like HDR is just a shortcut

the HDR is cool for shots like the buildings, tho, and that cityscape shot, where it would take 5-10 exposures to capture every field, which would be nearly impossible to combine manually

but it seems like there must be a trick to using the HDR, because a lot of your attempts end up looking a LOT more washed out than the original :(

I don't think you need that many (5-10). From what I've noticed (for the last couple of weeks when I was playing with hdrs) 3 different exposures are enough. Or if you have really dark (bright) scene 5 shots. IMO.

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
HDR3.jpg

Just taking random pictures as I have for the past few days... I decided to give HDR another shot. Also, this was one of the first times I tried shooting some pictures without the stabilizer on... I mean it was on a tripod with a remote :p Now if I could just hold the leaves still...

subtle

Alrighty then, So Ive tried again.

Original,
2.jpg

Plus,
3.jpg

Equals HDR,
UntitledHDR00.jpg

I kinda think the first looks better without my neighbors barn :p.

Since I tried HDR I fall in love with it!
I played with Kobajs picture (hope you don't mind :) ). Here is what it looks like:
final.jpg

I Photoshoped it a little as well.