Adonis Linux *Beta Testers Needed*

NyxCharon

I applied to distrowatch, they didn't find me.

This project is still going, and a lot more coding needs to be done before the next release, which is currently scheduled to be a RC in December. A lot of software including the new installer is being written, so this release is going to be a lot different. Also, dropping the Ubuntu version as well as Gnome3. Cinnamon will stay, but will be migrated to Debian. Overall a LOT of changes are going on.

Last edited:

Kesava

I just want to show everyone this screenshot of my donation to Adonis, so you know how amazing and generous I am:
7NFKe.png

NyxCharon

Cool. I love MATE. And, they did find you on distrowatch, pretty awesome.

Yeah, the Distrowatch mention was cool. Still trying to get added to the actual database. Hopefully that can be done this winter (dec/jan) when I release the new release candidates. :good:

Other then that, I've just been doing a lot of planning; new website layout, setting up a proper wiki, working on software, testing new packages, etc.

Sidenote: If anyone is interested in making themes for windows managers (GTK2, GTK3, XFWM, etc) or wallpapers, contact me! :good:

NyxCharon

So, 6 months after the first release, I have some approximate figures.
Sourceforge had a total of well over 1300 downloads, torrents were a couple hundred, as well was my download mirror.
Thus, I can safely say that Adonis has been downloaded well over 1500+ times.

The initial 1.0.0 release still has a lifespan of 6 months, before the next release.
The next alpha release will be done in a couple weeks, and several months later the Beta will be released.

The Alpha will be a regression to a smaller, cleaner distro that simply provides basic tools for day to to day task, things such as office software,etc has been removed for un-needed bloat.
The Beta will include all new software as well as a new installer in both 32 and 64 bit editions with XFCE.
The next release, 2.0.0, will feature the following Desktop Environments: Xfce, KDE, and Cinnamon/Gnome. All three versions will be based on Debian Testing, as the previous edition was.

3.0.0 slated for release June/July 2014 will *hopefully* become a fork of Debian and will maintain some capability with Debian, however will feature it's own ecosystem of packages separate by those provided by Debian.

Last edited:

NyxCharon

Updated Image has been released: 1.1.0
*Removed LibreOffice
*Add Support for several wifi cards
*Added Support for misc trackpads, including ones with multi-finger gestures.
*Added support for various graphics chips.
*Updated system to current pacakge versions

Download:
http://downloads.adonislinux.com/

It won't be listed on the main site for several days, redoing the website and will have it up on the 1st, however the image is there to be downloaded now

Last edited:

NyxCharon

Thanks! and yeah, I've grown to be quite fond of cinnamon myself. Clem and the LM team have done a nice job with it.