AMD R7 360 128 Bit compatibility

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The R7 360 requires at least a 430 watt psu. If you have a 300 watt unit, its most likely an OEM model and is most likely not even 200 watts. Get the corsair cx430 or evga 430 watt psu.

The R7 360 requires at least a 430 watt psu. If you have a 300 watt unit, its most likely an OEM model and is most likely not even 200 watts. Get the corsair cx430 or evga 430 watt psu.
Alright so if i get the evga 430 watt psu ( which i assume is compatible??? ) i will then be able to get the amd r7 360 graphics card and have no problems?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That board has pci express 2.0. You'll be fine. And since you have an HP pc, then your 300 watt psu is really only about 200 watts. Get the evga unit and you'll be set.

JLuchinski

My bad, I was looking at the requirements for the Asus R7 360, the power requirements fluctuate from brands of cards. Like John said, get a good power supply because the OEM and lesser known brands are garbage.

JLuchinski

What's your budget? If you can get a PSU with more power then you won't have to worry if you plan on upgrading to a better system in the future.

What's your budget? If you can get a PSU with more power then you won't have to worry if you plan on upgrading to a better system in the future.
my budgets very low considering im 14, the only income i get is from mowing lawns in the summer :/ ( I could probably grave the 500w evga psu if you think that would help though )

Doesn't really matter what brand of card it is. Still minimum psu would be the 430 watt unit.

Getting the 500 watt unit would leave you open to a wide range of card uogrades. A gtx 970 only requires 500 watts.
alright, and it seems the evga 500w is only 7 dollars more so ill go ahead and pick that up, thanks :D

JLuchinski

Doesn't really matter what brand of card it is. Still minimum psu would be the 430 watt unit.

Oh that's misleading, this is where I saw it: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX60856

I've been doing research on a newer card for gaming, the R7 300 series seem to be power hungry. Kind of the opposite when Nvidia had the GTX 400 series and ATI had the 5000 series IIRC.

And yeah def. shell out the extra $7 for the 500 watt. Is it a modular PSU? I only ask because mine is and I'm using a small case and it's already crammed.

JLuchinski

It will work fine, your computer has a PCI express slot which is common in pc's newer then 2004. Just make sure you download the latest drivers from the website, don't use the disc that comes with it. And make sure you plug in the 6 pin connector from your PSU into the card and your good to go. And you obviously don't have a GPU currently so the drivers will be a clean install.

It will work fine, your computer has a PCI express slot which is common in pc's newer then 2004. Just make sure you download the latest drivers from the website, don't use the disc that comes with it. And make sure you plug in the 6 pin connector from your PSU into the card and your good to go. And you obviously don't have a GPU currently so the drivers will be a clean install.
So i took the cover off my case and everything looks like it is gonna fit and it all looks good, The only question i have is if the psu ( evga 500W ) will connect and power up the Gigabyte AMD R7 360 128 Bit graphics card ( I have read in a few places ill need a power adapter ) and also will the fact that the AMD R7 360 128 bit is overclocked cause any issues? Thanks for the help.