AMD R7 360 128 Bit compatibility

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Shouldn't need an adapter as that psu should have 2 6-8pin pci express power connectors.

JLuchinski

It's a minor factory overclock to get a little more performance over standard models, you will be fine.

It's a minor factory overclock to get a little more performance over standard models, you will be fine.
Thanks, i have one last question though. My computer has integrated graphics and i read that i would need to disable them if im gonna get my new graphics card to work, is this true? and if so how do i disable them? Anyways thanks for all the help :D.

JLuchinski

Yeah unless your BIOS isn't set to auto for video output it will work just fine. Just remember to install the latest drivers from the AMD website.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You got the 24 pin main connector and 4/8 pin cpu connector attached to the motherboard securely? If not, you won't get anything.

JLuchinski

Is the front panel power button connected to the motherboard properly? Negative and positive are correct?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you hook up the old power supply to confirm it still works? The new power supply may be bad.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The only cables that need connected for pc to boot is the 24 pin main, 4/8 pin cpu and 6 pin video card power connector. Don't even need power going to hdd or dvd drive to check for system power. Double check power cables, make sure they are fully seated down on the motherboard connector, should hear a click when fully inserted.