AMD Radeon HD 6xxx Thread!

Aastii

VIP Member
They look good, but need themselves an ATi sticker on the fan, not AMD vision :(

Also, why keep starting new threads, should just put the last 2 in here instead :confused:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish they would do away with those crappy coolers,They're no good!

They should totally redesign the way the coolers are now they have taken over.

I bet the 6000 series will be impressive though.

Aastii

VIP Member
I wish they would do away with those crappy coolers,They're no good!

They should totally redesign the way the coolers are now they have taken over.

I bet the 6000 series will be impressive though.

I dunno, they don't seem all that bad, they get the air out rather than keeping it in which is better than having it blown about the case, and they are able to cool the core and memory well, even when overclocking. They can be improved, but that would cost more. I personally would rather have it cheaper

Does it matter if the sticker says ATi or AMD? I could careless if it had a picture of Ken and Barbie. ;)

Not really, especially as you can't see it when it is aimed down, when the fan is spinning or with a case with a solid side panel, but it should still be ATi :p I know it is for marketing, but they could have ATi by AMD, and kept the ATi logo and name

Aastii

VIP Member
totally disagree,i think they look great!

They do indeed look good, but look at the design of the coolers on the video cards without reference coolers, they aren't the same, closed design that the AMD reference coolers have. Performance wise they aren't the best, but looks wise I agree, they look great

salvage-this

Quick Look said:
Just finishing off on the topic of video cards again, there’s something that we need to stress. The HD 6850 and HD 6870 aren’t replacements to the HD 5850 and HD 5870. If you’re expecting the HD 6870 to be an upgrade for your HD 5870, it’s safe to say you’ll be disappointed.

This might make a lot of people angry that just buy a 6870 because it is the next generation. I wonder how they will stack up against the current generation.

At least these will drop the prices of the 5 series.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I've done something different and changed the title and stuck this thread. I'd like the OP to make this a comprehensive AMD 6xxx GPU thread and keep the OP updated with new developments if possible. Benchmarks, comparisons, F@H stuff, etc..

Someone feel free to create a similar thread for the GT 430 GPU as well. :)

tech savvy

I've done something different and changed the title and stuck this thread. I'd like the OP to make this a comprehensive AMD 6xxx GPU thread and keep the OP updated with new developments if possible. Benchmarks, comparisons, F@H stuff, etc..

Someone feel free to create a similar thread for the GT 430 GPU as well. :)

np,thx.