AMD Radeon HD 6xxx Thread!

Aastii

VIP Member
Source>Competition>Consumer
Source>Consumer
Time will tell.

I didn't get told directly, I wouldn't go discussing ATi to Nvidia employees, at an Nvidia event :p. As I said in the Reflect on Life thread, I overheard two of them talking about it

Benny Boy

I didn't get told directly, I wouldn't go discussing ATi to Nvidia employees, at an Nvidia event :p. As I said in the Reflect on Life thread, I overheard two of them talking about it

Why not? They can talk within earshot of others but only amongst themselves??

mrjack

VIP Member
why would you post it in the gtx580 thread when theres a thread for the 69xx cards? how im i supposed to know? if it was posted where it was meant to be posted then i would of known.i dont go looking for information on the 69xx cards in the gtx580 thread.

Because they were talking about when the 6950 and 6970 were going to be released.

And I did post in the 6xxx thread after that, before you made a new thread about the news.

Aastii

VIP Member
Bah let them make whatever they want. Still won't beat the Asus Ares

Seeing as how a 6870 meets/beats a 5850, if the performance difference is the same as it was between the mid-high 5xxx cards and the high 5xxx cards (ie 5770 to 5870), a 6970 won't be beating an Ares, but it will be only maybe 10-15% less performance, but of course with only 1 GPU, so less power and less heat. When they bring out your multi GPU 6xxx cards, the ares will be obsolete

Aastii

VIP Member
ive been reading reviews that cf 6870's beats cf 5870's is that true?

yes, although a single 6870 isn't as powerful as a single 5870, the 6xxx cards scale much, much better than the 5xxx, so you get better performance, with weaker cards, in multiple GPU setups

also, there is an edit button to add to/change your post, so no need to be double posting :)

BurningSkyline

While we all like our high end cards, what kind of case will they need? Cards are getting HUGE. why not make them wider, instead of longer?

Anyways, is there any word on the lower and midrange cards?