Antec 900 Stock Cable Management

WhiteFireDragon

What is the huge copperish thing?

lol JLV i just answered that same thing on one of the FS threads when u asked the same thing. you really never seen that before? that zaleman CPU sink/fan cooler is actually pretty common because it performs great for air cooling

WhiteFireDragon

I need opinions. What should i do to make it cleaner?

what i did for my thermaltake armor is cut my own holes in the BACK of the mobo tray slot, then run the wires beneath the mobo and out the holes. it's a really tight fit since there is very little room for the wires between the mobo and the tray. most my wires run underneath the mobo to the back of the case.

maybe i'll take pics of my comp wen i get back to show you what i did and how much cleaner it can look

littlenlnga

Rofl :D

Looks really good. Does the side panel behind the mobo fit nicely? Did you cut the hole between the mobo and the HD rack? My 900 didn't ship with that hole.

It was pretty hard because all the cables came out there but it fit. The 2 holes were there when i bought it. I think they made it for newer ones?

dave_w

Yeah, I think so too. That's a good improvement.

I'm suprised. You've been very active at CF lately, offering tons of advice and recommendations. It's odd that you don't know what a HSF looks like...

Sarcasm truly is like a second language to you, Mep. I applaud you. You have gained entry into my pantheon of personal gods, right up there with Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

And for the record, the Zalman 9700 is the only HSF I will ever use on serious system. Unless it won't fit, in which case the 9500 will have to do.

Oh, and little...try rotating the Zalman so the fan faces the front of the case. The top-mount is basically there to evacuate hot air from the top of the case. With the fan's current orientation, it's sucking hot air up from the video card. I found I could get amazing airflow by lining up one of the HD cages' 120mm fans with the Zalman and the rear exhaust fan.

My fan speed settings were: low on the 200mm (it can be a noisy bugger), medium on all 120s, and 50-75% on the Zalman, depending on the room temp and what I was doing at the time.

littlenlnga

Sarcasm truly is like a second language to you, Mep. I applaud you. You have gained entry into my pantheon of personal gods, right up there with Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

And for the record, the Zalman 9700 is the only HSF I will ever use on serious system. Unless it won't fit, in which case the 9500 will have to do.

Oh, and little...try rotating the Zalman so the fan faces the front of the case. The top-mount is basically there to evacuate hot air from the top of the case. With the fan's current orientation, it's sucking hot air up from the video card. I found I could get amazing airflow by lining up one of the HD cages' 120mm fans with the Zalman and the rear exhaust fan.

My fan speed settings were: low on the 200mm (it can be a noisy bugger), medium on all 120s, and 50-75% on the Zalman, depending on the room temp and what I was doing at the time.

could you show me a picture on the hd cage? i have a dvdrom there

mep916

Administrator
Staff member

ha ha. Finally, someone understands me... :p

I found I could get amazing airflow by lining up one of the HD cages' 120mm fans with the Zalman and the rear exhaust fan.

Yeah, I remember that. You actually moved the drive cage up so the fan would have a perfect orientation with the HSF. Right?

My fan speed settings were: low on the 200mm (it can be a noisy bugger), medium on all 120s

That's how I have mine, too.

and 50-75% on the Zalman, depending on the room temp and what I was doing at the time.

I keep mine at 100%. It's loud, but necessary. :D