Antec 900 Stock Cable Management

cappy

My first computer build ... It's not hard to hide the cables just have to drill a bunch of holes and route all the cables behind the rear cover... still have some more to hide just waiting on RAM and a couple of SATA cables ... should get it on Tues! Could clean it up some more by installing the HD backwards and also mounting the PSU with fan side down ... just more holes to cut ... but I'm pretty content with how it is so far

IMG_6985.jpg

IMG_6986.jpg

Intel E6750, Zalman 9500, Arctic Silver 5
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333
Asus Maximus Extreme
Asus 20x DVD+- x2
XFX 8800GT 512MB
WD Raptor 150GB 10,000
WD 320GB 7,200 x2 Raid1
Mitsumi FDD w/ digital card reader
ABS Tagan BZ 800W
Windows Vista x64

WhiteFireDragon

what is the chassis of the A900 made of? i drilled some holes in my thermaltake armor a while back and it takes so long because it's made of thick solid steel. how long did it take you to drill all that and what tools did you use?

cappy

what is the chassis of the A900 made of? i drilled some holes in my thermaltake armor a while back and it takes so long because it's made of thick solid steel. how long did it take you to drill all that and what tools did you use?

I would say it is aluminum ... just used metal drill bits and various sizes of metal hole saws ... drills real easy … the longest part is figuring out what way to route the cables etc and what type extensions needed … I ended up only needing to extend the power switch, hdd led, and reset switch cables.

WhiteFireDragon

hmm yeah aluminum is easier. steel is a real pain, especially the thicker areas. how did you extend the wires? did you cut the original, then solder another longer piece to the middle?

cappy

hmm yeah aluminum is easier. steel is a real pain, especially the thicker areas. how did you extend the wires? did you cut the original, then solder another longer piece to the middle?

You can get just about any type of extension cable you need at frozencpu.com

taylormsj

You must of been using a bad drill or wrong drill piece, with enough speed and pressure it should only take about 30 seconds tops to get through

littlenlnga

cappy how did you get your holes so neat? and the thing around the sides of the hole what is that called? would you mind taking a picture of your drill bit. thanks

My first computer build ... It's not hard to hide the cables just have to drill a bunch of holes and route all the cables behind the rear cover... still have some more to hide just waiting on RAM and a couple of SATA cables ... should get it on Tues! Could clean it up some more by installing the HD backwards and also mounting the PSU with fan side down ... just more holes to cut ... but I'm pretty content with how it is so far

That is just plain amazing... WOW! That is one clean looking case..

What did you line the holes with to protect the wiring?

Cleric7x9

IMG_6985.jpg

IMG_6986.jpg

Intel E6750, Zalman 9500, Arctic Silver 5
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333
Asus Maximus Extreme
Asus 20x DVD+- x2
XFX 8800GT 512MB
WD Raptor 150GB 10,000
WD 320GB 7,200 x2 Raid1
Mitsumi FDD w/ digital card reader
ABS Tagan BZ 800W
Windows Vista x64

unbelievable, that looks great!

littlenlnga

I got the holes done! I'll post pictures soon.. Do you guys know what to use to cover up the sharp holes? and If i spray enamel over the inside is it fine?

paratwa

I got the holes done! I'll post pictures soon.. Do you guys know what to use to cover up the sharp holes? and If i spray enamel over the inside is it fine?

As long as you let it set for a couple of days after spraying it, it should be fine. Enamel takes a couple of days to fully cure. If you don't wait it can scratch very easily.

But powder coating is the way to go if you want it to last for years. Just make sure that if you do get it powder coated, that you have all the holes you need drilled first. Don't try to drill into powder coating, it can crack and flak off.

cappy

lovely?

WOW

that looks awesome. i was thinking about doing something similar with the whole drilling thing, but i wasnt sure. now i will definetely be hiding all those hideous cables!