Antec 900 Stock Cable Management

Seth

You need to change the CPU cooler so its facing the right direction dude :p I have the model up from that one and they suck (i mean they pull air in - they are actually awesome). So put it so the fan is facing downwards so the air is push pushed straight out the top 20cm fan :D

littlenlnga

You need to change the CPU cooler so its facing the right direction dude :p I have the model up from that one and they suck (i mean they pull air in - they are actually awesome). So put it so the fan is facing downwards so the air is push pushed straight out the top 20cm fan :D

Its in the right correction isnt it?:confused:

Cameron

Maybe you guys can help me out with a little problem I like to call.... well, I don't think they have a name for this sort of thing:

sany0029uf6.jpg

What on earth can a possibly do about this? I am open to the complete rearrangement of the case in any way that it can be done if necessary.

(I feel I should mention - I no longer have the heatsink mounted in that direction, and nor do I have the fans hanging off it by bread twisty things.)

Kornowski

VIP Member
Is it a modular PSU?

If so, you cnould start by unpluggin' what you don't need ;)

Or, you could cut holes in the MOBO tray and route the cables behind it?

Cameron

Not modular.

Planned to buy an Antec TruePower Quattro because the fan is on the back so I could mount it right way up and better manage the cables behind the tray. But that most likely won't happen for awhile.

I think the biggest source of the the mess is the 4 or 5 SATA cables? What can I do about that? I thought perhaps I could move the bottom HDD tray to the top, and then route all of the SATA cables through the standard tray holes. Same with the powersupply cables to the drives and the big MB one.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe you guys can help me out with a little problem I like to call.... well, I don't think they have a name for this sort of thing:

First, you should try to zip-tie everything. All the cables. That will make a huge difference. Also, utilize the black ties that are attached to the case between the mobo and the HD cage. Later, I'll remove my Ultra and show you a picture of how I tied everything up. :)

Cameron

Okay I'll try it.

And some pictures would really help out! I honestly don't know where to start - my case is chaotic at best.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I honestly don't know where to start - my case is chaotic at best.

Yeah, I hear ya. Do you have the pre-cut hole in the case like lilnlnga? That would definitely help, too. I'll take some pics and post a little later.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Here's some pics. Hope they help. It's messy on the bottom. I think I did okay with the rest.

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Cameron

Thanks for pics. The bottom of yours looks like mine - the rest is much better though.

What would you say to moving the bottom drive bay to the top, so that you can stretch out all the SATA and power cables and then put them through the holes as well? Do you think that might be effective?

Might be less haggard if the cables were stretched out and partially hidden behind tray.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
The bottom of yours looks like mine

Yeah, there's not a lot I can do with all those cables. :(

What would you say to moving the bottom drive bay to the top, so that you can stretch out all the SATA and power cables and then put them through the holes as well? Do you think that might be effective?

Might be less haggard if the cables were stretched out and partially hidden behind tray.

That's a good idea. Try it out and post some pics. :)