antec 900

mat2317

I just bought this case and wow! It cools everything down so much. my CPU averaged around 50 c now it averages 42 c. It looks the part too. I'd reccommend this to anyone.

Matt :D

Geoff

VIP Member
I just upgraded to this case as well from my previous Lian-Li. I bought the 900 when it had free shipping and $50 MIR, and I absolutely love it! It looks great, and the cooling is much better, I am now averaging about 30-32C idle (overclocked), whereas before it was around 40-45C idle.

Geoff

VIP Member
It looks a good case, but the size of it troubles me, the cable managment must be hard?
What do you mean the size? There is plenty of room inside to work with, and I absolutely love the internal drive bays. I did a pretty good job of cleaning up the cables, although other people have done better with the same case.

MatrixEVO

I just thought the case was small inside, from what I've seen and heard...

It has a good amount of room. Geoff (OMEGA) has 4 HDDs, 2 Opticals, huge 2900XT, and his sound card panel, and there's still lots of room.

As for cable management, it comes with it's own little loops to put wires in.

Here's my cable management job, which didn't take too long, and was easy:

1000040cg4.jpg

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I just thought the case was small inside, from what I've seen and heard...

Using a modular power supply - as Omega and MatrixEvo have done - greatly improves cable management in the 900. They both look great, BTW. :D

Here's mine:

DSC02669.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll receive a new 680i board from eVGA. I'm gonna really try to clean everything up when I reinstall the components.

paratwa

I know most everyone has heard this from me, but I hate this case.

The hard drive cages suck the big one, the fans when set to High are way to loud, the bottom mounting power supply sucks, the documentation for the case is the worst I have ever seen, The way the front grills mount completely sucks.

I do like how much it cools down everything, I just think this case could have been so much better designed. The next version of this case will hopefully fix the many mistakes they made on the first try.

Kornowski

VIP Member
They have another version of this case I'm sure, I think the only difference is that they can house WC internally and have holes pre-cut for the tubes...

Does it really make that much of a difference to the temps though?
I mean, I've achieved a similair thing with my case, it just took some time... (pics in sig are old, will update soon, the front 80mm fan is now a 120mm one :p)