antec 900

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm, Side windows and cooling don't seem to mix, eh?

No, they don't mix. That's one of the problems I have with the CM Stacker series.

Anyway, take a look at some of the pics Omega and MatrixEvo provided. They show that you can have clean cable management in the 900 with a modular PSU. You own a modular PSU. ;)

There's nothing wrong with the 900, sans the ability to tinker with it every 5 minutes. That, I don't think you're interested in. Put your parts in it and leave it alone.

taylormsj

TBH, i dont think you need a new case, but if you want one, then save up some money so you can buy something you realy want

Kornowski

VIP Member
No, they don't mix. That's one of the problems I have with the CM Stacker series.

Anyway, take a look at some of the pics Omega and MatrixEvo provided. They show that you can have clean cable management in the 900 with a modular PSU. You own a modular PSU. ;)

There's nothing wrong with the 900, sans the ability to tinker with it every 5 minutes. That, I don't think you're interested in. Put your parts in it and leave it alone.

I would love for the CM series to have windows on them!

I've taken a look at them, the only thing that worries me is;

1) the noise :p
2) the "lack" of abilty to route cables anywhere, other than the cable clip things.

Yeah, I have a modular one, so it will help :)
Yeah, lol, I'll be putting it in and leaving it along :D

Would you mind posting a few pictures up please? :)

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
the noise :p

Yes, it's loud if you have all fans on med or high, but low is tolerable. You wouldn't want to leave it runnin' while you sleep. You could replace the fans with some that are more silent. Paratwa suggested fans made by Nexus.

the "lack" of abilty to route cables anywhere, other than the cable clip things.

Again, take a look at the pics on the first and second page of this thread. They look pretty good, IMO.

Here's one of my recent pics. Remember, I'm using a non-modular Quad Silencer.

DSC02871.jpg

lol.

Some people complain that they have a hard time with upgrades and what not. It is a mid-tower case. If you want tons of room, get a full tower.

taylormsj

I would love for the CM series to have windows on them!

I've taken a look at them, the only thing that worries me is;

1) the noise :p
2) the "lack" of abilty to route cables anywhere, other than the cable clip things.

Yeah, I have a modular one, so it will help :)

Would you mind posting a few pictures up please? :)

I dont even use the clips anymore. there are several holes in the motherboard tray, and pictures can show you it makes a very tidy build :D

If you want the 900, go for it, i have no doubt youll be pleased with it

PabloTeK

I think the only problem with the 900 is how short it is, look how long the CM690 is in comparison. This is probably for the SLi thingy but it also makes cables appear smaller in the case. Not to say the 900 is a bad case. The CM690 is deadly quiet, if you switch the side fan around so it exhausts (or it makes a horrible noise) then it's very quiet, in fact the GPU and CPU fans make more noise. I'm listening to some Genesis on my headset at a volume where I can hear clearly the click of my keyboard when I type and the case is totally drowned out.

paratwa

The one thing that is worth buying about the 900 is it's cooling. It does a great job of cooling your parts down. If you do not mind loud fans, no room to run wires, hard to use drive cages and blah blah blah.

If I wanted a case for overclocking, and did not care about anything else, then I would get the 900. If I was just going to build a system to use at stock settings, then I would look somewhere else.

Right now the only cases I have seen that I like are over $200. I am thinking those would be out of your price range.

PabloTeK

The 900 is designed to appeal the the child in us which wants a case that's mad and has got some pointless bits that we want anyway. Most of the Coolermaster cases are designed to appeal to the sensible side of us with features that are useful and sensible.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I dont even use the clips anymore. there are several holes in the motherboard tray, and pictures can show you it makes a very tidy build

If you want the 900, go for it, i have no doubt youll be pleased with it

You mean, the holes in your MOBO tray on the CM case?

Would it lower my temps do you think?

Last edited:

PabloTeK

I use the cable clips for all the cables that aren't going to the top of the baord, such as the 24-pin connector, DVD drive, HDD, etc. I use the motherboard tray hole for the ATX connector to make it neat. Although right now it's all a bit of a mess because the PSU and DVD drive are being swapped soon, I'll get some pics when it's done.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Would it lower my temps do you think?

Yes, particularly the HD's and the GPU/Chipset if you install the optional side panel 120mm fan (it doesn't come with one). The total airflow throughout the case is really nice, as you can imagine.

Very poor review!

No mention of anything important at all.

"oh, I have this case, it's cool"

Please! Thats a review?

ha ha. Hey! I wrote that review. Take it easy. :cool: :p

Yeah, I love the CM mid-tower cases, too. The 330 Elite is really nice, and quite affordable, but no side panel window. :(

Like PabloTek stated, the 900 is an enthusiasts case that has some short comings. It's not perfect. :)

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yes, particularly the HD's and the GPU/Chipset if you install the optional side panel 120mm fan (it doesn't come with one). The total airflow throughout the case is really nice, as you can imagine.

I'm looking more for the CPU temp to drop :p
If I got it, I'd definately be putting a 120mm on the side! :)