antec 900

Geoff

VIP Member
If you had one, why don't you have it anymore? :confused: Why not a Zalman CP9000, I thought they were better?
It ended up breaking, which caused part of the heatsink to lean to one side. Which caused the heatsink to loosen up one side so the temps were extremely high.

newguy5

[-0MEGA-];858288 said:
Most likely, which is why I may end up buying a Freezer 7 Pro again.

the freezer 7 is incredible. if for nothing else, it is super-easy to install.

PC eye

banned
That's rather surprising for a Zalman since those are usually right up there quality wise. But the favorites generally are the 9500 and 9700 models while Artic Cooling sees the Freezer64 Pro and Frieeze 7 Pro models. Besides price the large array of copper fins wrapped around the cooling fan scare some away for the heighth factor there.

Geoff

VIP Member
That's rather surprising for a Zalman since those are usually right up there quality wise. But the favorites generally are the 9500 and 9700 models while Artic Cooling sees the Freezer64 Pro and Frieeze 7 Pro models. Besides price the large array of copper fins wrapped around the cooling fan scare some away for the heighth factor there.
It was the Freezer 7 Pro that broke, I never had a zalman fan.

I have my CPU at stock right now and it's idling around 25C, with the cores being around 15-20C.

PC eye

banned
Sorry to hear about the AC cooler going like that. Generally these are the favored two brands of coolers. But any material can develop stress fractures from constant cooling and warming a system sees. At least your temps are staying low for the time being.

Kornowski

VIP Member
lol, I just with the Antec 900 has one more CD Drive, as I'd then be able to three 120mm fans on the front :p

Kornowski

VIP Member
I have 3 pin adaptors, I think they'd work, well, they're adaptors to run a 3 pin fan off a 4 pin molex, but they'd work the other way, right?

PC eye

banned
The stock fans in the 900 run on 12v usually provided by any extra 12v molex plugs for ide drives(HDs, optical). Often the 3/4pin are the 5.5v fans. The controller used has to be able to handle upto 12v from 0v for seeing good results. Just thought I would let you know about that.

The 900 with both drive cages in does see three 5 1/4" bays or you can see additional 5 1/4s by removing one of those. That is one thing about this type of case. Here I currently stuffed the floppy drive in the top bay with the two optical drives below that to allow for air flow above the optical drives.

In most other case those are stuck at the top without much of any space seeing heat trapped to a degree. That's another reason you see front plates for the 5 1/4s now being vented on many case rather then solid plastic.

PC eye

banned
I first saw the 900 when it first came out back in late 2006 but also saw the higher price over the one just bought then. When the time came for a new build last summer someone spotted a good sale and that saw the 900 here fast! So far it's been far better cooling wise as well as quieter then the last model seeing a single 140mm front intake and 120 rear exhaust on that one.

Seth

Hi, im looking to get this case but am usure about due to the power supply being on the bottom of the case and im worried that the mobo power Leads wont reach to the top of my Gigabyte P35-DS3P motherboard :S Im thinking the Colermaster Exreme 600w power supply.

Anybody got any thoughts on the length of those leads?

PC eye

banned
With any good make and model supply you shouldn't see any problem with length as far as the harness. Here the 3 1/2" drive is in the top 5.25" bay with two optical and 3 hard drives plus all fans are plugged in. The 4 fans included use the standard molex type 12v power plug seen for ide drives there.