Anti static wrist, quick reply pls

DarkTears

banned
I didn't say Windows 7, but you must have SOME OS on it. :p

"With a fast boot speed of only 5 seconds, the Asus Express Gate offers a unique environment that allows you to enjoy instant access to commonly used functions like web browsing and skype without entering your Operating system."

Awesome congrats man. You have any games that you are going to play right away?

I dont even know man, im so used to that crap of a machine that i dont know what to play first. what do you suggest lol?

It might be time for me to go cry my tears of joy.

Irishwhistle

"With a fast boot speed of only 5 seconds, the Asus Express Gate offers a unique environment that allows you to enjoy instant access to commonly used functions like web browsing and skype without entering your Operating system."

What?!!!! You mean THAT's what that's for?! Sweet... I've got that feature... didn't know that's what it was though... I have to give this a try. :p :D

DarkTears

banned
I would say for games Left 4 Dead, Far Cry 2, Crysis, the lists goes on and on. What kind of games do you enjoy?

I will play anything really. except sports games, I also play a lot of fps and i have played some mmo also.

I hope i will be able to max a lot of games with this new computer.

The ones I listed are good FPS's. What kind of monitor do you have? I ask because I recommend running it at it's native resolution. If it's 1680x1050 you will be able to max everything no problem. At 1920x1200 you will probally half to adjust them back a bit, really depends on the games tho. The ones I listed are some of the newest shooters and are very demanding on the systems. Even mine has trouble in Crysis.

DarkTears

banned
The ones I listed are good FPS's. What kind of monitor do you have? I ask because I recommend running it at it's native resolution. If it's 1680x1050 you will be able to max everything no problem. At 1920x1200 you will probally half to adjust them back a bit, really depends on the games tho. The ones I listed are some of the newest shooters and are very demanding on the systems. Even mine has trouble in Crysis.

There is no reason your pc should have trouble with any game, its a monster hehe.

well i have two screens that are available. Im not sure if this plug and play monitor is 17 or 19 inches though. And i have a 20 inch Widescreen HD monitor.

Oh yeah what speed should i be running my case fans at? 1, 2, or 3?

Last edited:

Irishwhistle

oh very nice rig, but sorry i wouldnt read 10 pages that i thought were people argueing about a static wrist rapp

lol That's not what it is... he was just too lazy to start a new thread. :p

ronster667 said:
LOL i hate it when someone starts a sentance and ends a sentance with lol

EDITED VERSION: That's not what it is... he was just too lazy to start a new thread. :p

In vantage i got like 10600.

The temps i showed you were with me just sitting on the desktop. What can i do to test the temps higher. I tried running world of warcraft but my cpu stays at 0 to 1% Usage and it acts as if im not even running WoW.. I dont even understand how that is possible lol.

That cooler looks like it would snap my cpu off the mobo when I stand the computer back up cause its so big hehe.

You will have no problems with games like wow. Even Crysis only gets my CPU to about 30%.

For the cooler there is an all copper one and they do not recommend actually using it in a tower because it is so heavy. The one I linked is safe, I use it with no worries (asus motherboards are some of the thickest layered PCBs around) But the cooler is definitely worth it.

This program is called Prime95. It is a good way to see if an OC is stable. To me stable is if you can run this from anywhere between 2 to 4 hours. Or however long you play a game constant for. Just watch your temperatures and if it goes to high just stop the run.: http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205

DarkTears

banned
You will have no problems with games like wow. Even Crysis only gets my CPU to about 30%.

For the cooler there is an all copper one and they do not recommend actually using it in a tower because it is so heavy. The one I linked is safe, I use it with no worries (asus motherboards are some of the thickest layered PCBs around) But the cooler is definitely worth it.

This program is called Prime95. It is a good way to see if an OC is stable. To me stable is if you can run this from anywhere between 2 to 4 hours. Or however long you play a game constant for. Just watch your temperatures and if it goes to high just stop the run.: http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205

Wow i ran it for a little while but, slowly but surely the temps kept going up. When the temps hit 80 i turned off prime cause i didnt want anything bad to happen. This isnt good right?