• PC Tools

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Panda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-Secure

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Jagga

Would a anti-virus program be sufficient to keep you protected for tasks such as web browsing and watching streamed video (youtube).

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 for Paid,I think it offers good protection.

Before i used Avast Free,seemed to do the trick but i wanted a full security package.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I use MSE and Avast myself. However, I highly recommend A-Squared Anti-Malware from Emsisoft. It is by far the most secure AV I have ever come across.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I use MSE and Avast myself. However, I highly recommend A-Squared Anti-Malware from Emsisoft. It is by far the most secure AV I have ever come across.

Just now realized I forgot about A-Squared. I'll have to add that to the program list.

TFT

VIP Member
Use to use AVG but have been running MSE for the last 12 months with no probs.
Options are very limited, doesn't need any user intervention, has prevented me from certain actions so that's a good plus point but maybe it's all because I realise what's bad out there and avoid it.

Last edited:

Quiltface

MSE here, its free, light, and effective. Free for personal use i believe. ClamAV/Win on the other hand is completely free (home/corporate) and will install on windows server which MSE wont do. So if you were wanting a AV solution for your office and wanted to save a buck and be compliant as well... clamav/win is the way to go. I don't believe there is a AV server option though so every client updates on its own.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Just now realized I forgot about A-Squared. I'll have to add that to the program list.

I was going through their website when I had my dad buy a subscription and saw they have an emergency scanner for free. I downloaded it and use it now and again here at the computer shop along with combofix and malwarebytes

lucasbytegenius

I use NOTHING!! Mahaha!
Though it will be interesting how this poll turns out, I'm considering getting an AV program even though none of our computers have gotten a virus, trojan, or otherwise for the past 5 years.
Though there was that AV program scam that decided to install itself...but that may have been my mom :D
Because I am worried about not having AV, I'm using Ubuntu right now.

fastdude

I use NOTHING!! Mahaha!
Though it will be interesting how this poll turns out, I'm considering getting an AV program even though none of our computers have gotten a virus, trojan, or otherwise for the past 5 years.
Though there was that AV program scam that decided to install itself...but that may have been my mom :D
Because I am worried about not having AV, I'm using Ubuntu right now.

Well, linux is pretty secure. I guess not many viruses are targeted at unbuntu. Still, better to be safe than sorry.

Aastii

VIP Member
Me and Avast.

The user is the best protection though, you start going to dodgy sites, downloaded from untrusted/illegal sources, opening up all spam that you get and clicking on ads, it is just a matter of time before you get yourself infected. Common sense > AV

lubo4444

Kaspersky is the best of all in my opinion. ESET32 is my second choice because it's light and it worked perfect for me before. Although i dont use them anymore, they are still the best choices for me.

pachm

I have used many internet security programs in the past 10 years. Microsoft mse is a program to seriously consider. It has never failed me and I trust it 99%. it is light on resources and quite user friendly.