• PC Tools

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Panda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-Secure

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

bconover93

I used to use AVG, but MS Security Essentials stays out of the way and does its thing while using up barely any RAM or CPU. :D

Last year I had to clean the hard drive of my friend who was full of malwares and viruses. I used Superantimalware, Malwarebytes and spybot, and at a point, I couldn't find any others but the problem was remaining.
Then I tried Avira Antivir and it found many infections that were in the "System volume information" folder. Since that time, I use Avira but I suppose that Avast should also be good since most of people are using it.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Spybot is really an old piece of software that has never really worked that great.

DCaudill

I use Webroot along with Malwarebytes (Paid). I have Comodo also as a backup firewall as it seems to catch a lot of activity on my system and lets me inspect it.

SpyShelter is something that I am looking into as it detect keyloggers and screenshot captures and unauthorized webcam and audio recording.

I have Eset NOD32 on my other machine, but they have went downhill the past couple of years.

PCunicorn

I use MSE also, but I have heard that it's not detecting threats as well as before so I might switch.

PCunicorn

Thinking of trying out Panda when i go to Windows, or maybe no AV at all. I don't visit malicious sites (contrary to my mothers beleifs lol), and if I run a Malware bytes scan everyonce in a while I should be fine. But MSE isn't annoying or resource intensive so I might as well keep it.

I'm not one to usually tell people I don't use any type of anti-virus program, but I don't; and haven't used one in quite a long time. When I was younger and still to this day, I follow along with the virus and trojan scene, so I know what to look for and how to get rid of most virus's/trojans and have also reversed a few cd key stealers to find where the info was being sent and even logged into these FTP's to see how idiotic some kids are.

You wouldn't believe how many people back then were having their CD key stolen from various programs. These programs would grab a lot of the well known game CD keys and also grab the Windows version and CD key for that too. I had a lot of FTP's, from various websites, shut down due to these CD key stealers.

PCunicorn

Yeah, I never used AV on my old lappy as it had bad specs and i didnt want to have the load of AV on it.

PCunicorn

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/artic...ir_own_security_essentials_anti-virus_package

That's pretty bad. I may still use MSE 'cause its lightweight and I'm pretty good about not downloading or going to malicious content and I do a MWB scan every other week. Might switch to Panda though, it's lightweight. I use Lookout for Android which I just got my own recently, and have been installing it on relatives new androids for several years now.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I don't care much about getting infected since I can take care of a lot of stuff. However I did hear from Bobby that MSE will probably soon be dropping MSE. It hasn't had good detection rates. I just switched my laptop and desktop over to Avast! myself.