Any LAN Parties In NH?

Geoff

VIP Member
I have a few more questions, what are the PC's that they have there like? (hardware wise)?

Are you going to bring your own computer next weekend?

skidude

geoff5093 said:
I have a few more questions, what are the PC's that they have there like? (hardware wise)?

Not even close you your's and mine. They are all running P4 2.8Ghz, 1GB of RAM, and the graphics card vaires from machine to machine, I've seen 9800's, FX5500's, 9600's, among others. Not the greatest machines.

Are you going to bring your own computer next weekend?

Most likely, since we can all play right next to each other in our own room, makes it a little more fun since usually open PC's are few and far between on busy nights.

Geoff

VIP Member
One last question, what games do we play there? Do we all have to have our own copy of a game or do they have a server or something that we use to play the game only while where there?

skidude

If we use our own computers then yes we do have to own a copy of the game. If we use their computers, they have a ton of games installed (all the steam games, BF2, FEAR, whatever) We'd probably play like CSS, BF2, COD2, Quake 4 or whatever we have with us.

Geoff

VIP Member
skidude said:
If we use our own computers then yes we do have to own a copy of the game. If we use their computers, they have a ton of games installed (all the steam games, BF2, FEAR, whatever) We'd probably play like CSS, BF2, COD2, Quake 4 or whatever we have with us.
I have Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2, Counter Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Doom 3, Halo, Need for Speed Most Wanted, as well as a few others. I may be able to get Quake 4 by then, but im not sure.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well my other friend wants to come, but he would need to use their computer. And he was wodnering if its possible to use their computer in the BYOC room.

skidude

Nope, they have their PC's plugged in tight together... thats just not gonna happen... does he have a good PC?? Maybe you could let him use your old one!

redrider773

this is gonna be sick. maybe we can get a big like, 16 person BF2 lan going.... and geoff, you have AOE2: conquerors? I swear to God that is the most enjoyable lan game....

Geoff

VIP Member
Ya i have AoE2 and the expansion, its a very fun game :D

My friend has an old HP with an Athlon XP 2100+ or something, and a 9000 128MB video card. But he doesnt have any of the games we have.

skidude

geoff5093 said:
My friend has an old HP with an Athlon XP 2100+ or something, and a 9000 128MB video card. But he doesnt have any of the games we have.

Ouch..... the only option is for him to use one of their PC's...

skidude

But still I think he'd kinda feel left out lol. We can always to a Teamspeak or ventrillo server too, keep in touch. I need to buy some headphones ASAP.