Battlefield 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Computer Games and Consoles' started by Machin3, Feb 5, 2011.

1. linkin

linkin VIP Member

Well they ditched windows xp so who knows.

2. Aastii

Aastii VIP Member

That is because they went DX10/11 only. You are talking about them finally moving to the sort of technology that was out when ATI 3xxx, Nvidia 8xxx, C2D and Phenom/Athlon were out. It isn't some amazing new thing or technology, and it isn't the first game that doesn't have XP compatibility

3. wellhellothere

wellhellothere New Member

It's not as simple as that though. I have nothing to hide in my house, but i wouldn't want some representative of a corporation snooping around my house. It's a privacy thing.

4. SuperDuperMe

SuperDuperMe New Member

They could take the pcitures of me off my hdd and pin me up...i wouldnt care at the end of the day i would have battlefield 3, none of this is going to stop me from buying the game.

I dont care what they have access to i have no money in my bank and nothing illicit so am cool with the eula.

5. Okedokey

Okedokey Well-Known Member

As you would probably agree mate, :p, several games have been xp exluded before, but the real reason for this move is that they only have to develop for non-legacy, and a fairly constrained set of hardware types. Also the CPU, GPU interface is much more efficient. The alternative is Crysis, which was never going to be pretty from a coding perspective having to cover dx9 console type rubbish. :D

They said as much in their slides (slide 6 http://www.slideshare.net/DICEStudio/directx-11-rendering-in-battlefield-3). Plus although Frostbite 2 engine is optimised, it is going to be an extremely CPU intensive game. Thus, i think many people will, and probbaly have, upgraded for this game. It happens all the time. Crysis is the case in point. Had there been technology that 'could' power it to max then, people woud've bought it. I would've.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  6. mihir

mihir VIP Member

Would this game be more CPU intensive like its predecessor?

7. wellhellothere

I'm holding off from buying anything until i've seen how it plays. After the first week or two of release, there shouuld be a benchmark for what you need to run it on max... then its shopping spree time :p

8. SuperDuperMe

SuperDuperMe New Member

9. wellhellothere

Good news! Although i doubt i'll actually switch to Ultra High until next year, maybe longer...

Not too sure about this:

.. surely takes the point out of the engineer?

That being said...

10. mrjack

mrjack VIP Member

It's not as bad as it may seem.

Battleblog #9

11. Shane

Shane Super Moderator Staff Member

Not really a fan of this regenerative armor,Since when does a tank in real life repair itself. :rolleyes:

Alot of people in the BF3 forum have said that regenerative armor will lead to alot of camping in tanks etc but as long as we have decent Chopper/Jet pilots they should be able to deal with them so i dont think it will be such a big deal.

I cant wait to see what Wake Island will be like though in BF3 i bet it will look amazing.

12. Bananapie

Bananapie New Member

Yeah, definitely not a fan of the regenerative armor. Soon, regenerating health! Get shot, hide and heal then rape the guy that is waiting for you to pop your head out... Sound's awfully familiar... OH, Call of Duty. :mad:

13. wellhellothere

Regenerating health is a crap idea aswell - i was hoping they'd scrap that, give's Medics more of a purpose.

I'm sure it will still work brilliantly though

14. jonnyp11

jonnyp11 New Member

it's prob more of a, wait like 2 mins with no damage added then you slowly regain some, since most people tend to be a$$e$ and don't repair you, they wait for you to get out then repair it and take it, or take it while you are trying to repair it, so in that sense, it is good.

15. DarthBrownie

DarthBrownie New Member

Usually the people who don't repair friendly vehicles, heal or revive fellow teammates, and give out ammo to a group who just raped an opposing squad are either newbs or CoD players. Not hating CoD as it is a very fun game still but, this is different game than that overly popular fps shooter.

16. jonnyp11

jonnyp11 New Member

^^True dat man, hate when people say cod is the ultimate shooter, so much lag and bs in there, is fun sometimes though, just they're all so similar, i've prob paid like 400 with dlc's and buying it at launch for like the same game over the past few years, i love bf cuz it's just so much different, and fun

17. ellanky

ellanky New Member

[YT]u5eLbPQt_Pk&feature=feedlik[/YT]

For those who haven't seen it yet

18. claptonman

claptonman New Member

Those explosions look so damn good.

19. jonnyp11

jonnyp11 New Member

it looks so amazing on hd that my gpu lags just playing the vid :D

20. claptonman

claptonman New Member

I got into a PC vs console battle on there... Said that anyone expecting the xbox and ps3 versions to look this good is sadly mistaken.

Then someone called me a PC fanboy, and I said that I like xbox and play on my friends, but the fact is xbox won't look as good without dx11 and updated hardware. Some people...

Also, it lagged in mine, too, but youtube at 1080 and fullscreen gets screwy when viewing an embedded video. Try going to the actual youtube page.