Battlefield 3 Thread

SuperDuperMe

Did you manage to get it to work with BF3..I also have the Hotas and it dids not work in BF3.

Aastii,Was going to join your server just but theres nobody in there.:cool:

The hotas works a treat, you just have to bind it in keymapping.

The original key maps are shit if im honest. ALso there isnt support for anologue thrust for the thrust unit, but its useful none the less by setting it half way then thrust up for forward, thrust down for back.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
The hotas works a treat, you just have to bind it in keymapping.

The original key maps are shit if im honest. ALso there isnt support for anologue thrust for the thrust unit, but its useful none the less by setting it half way then thrust up for forward, thrust down for back.

Hmm,When i tried it would not work properly..then again i tried it out during the BETA....not tried it since,I prefer the mouse anyway. :)

Just been on Aastii,s server....Aastii is leathal with the Little bird chopper. :D

Aastii

VIP Member
Hmm,When i tried it would not work properly..then again i tried it out during the BETA....not tried it since,I prefer the mouse anyway. :)

Just been on Aastii,s server....Aastii is leathal with the Little bird chopper. :D

lol it depends, I either have good games in the chopper, like in the little bird on canals, or very bad games, like on Firestorm :p

claptonman

I wanna be a gunner with you, aastii. All the people I get teamed up either crash right away or get rocked by the jets. I just want points with the attack heli so I get more upgrades for it.

Aastii

VIP Member
I wanna be a gunner with you, aastii. All the people I get teamed up either crash right away or get rocked by the jets. I just want points with the attack heli so I get more upgrades for it.

Lets have a match tonight? I'm free today.
Gulf of Oman?

If you are both free tonight, I am going on at ~7PM. If you don't have me on Origin, my name on there is Retify. Add me and give me a shout and I will hop on with you.

claptoman can you not fly the attack chopper? If not, get into the server and I will try to teach you as best I can how to be on the offensive and defensive against jets, helis and ground infantry and mobile AA.

I am considering setting up training nights for such things on my server maybe once or twice a week/month, whenever would be best for most people. When I say training, I mean teaching people to fly, teaching them how to advance properly rather than just rambo in, how to use their allies classes to the best effect and how to use their own class to the best effect, both for personal gain and the team.

Whilst I'm not the best at actually carrying out these tasks, I do know how to do it in the majority of situations and I do know how to fly very well, even if I haven't racked up hundreds of flying hours. I am sure we have people on here that are better in say LAV's (I for one am crap in them) who will be able to share experience, or someone who is very good in jets.

Post in here or over PM if any of you are interested in that with what day and time (either include time zone or convert to GMT) would be best for you

Last edited:

claptonman

I'm getting pretty good at flying it. I've practiced on the co-op mission and can fly it pretty well. I just don't have IF flares or heat seekers yet, so I can barely get to land (from the air carrier on wake island) before the jets blow me up. So leveling up in it is kind of difficult.

Aastii

VIP Member
How about a match tonight at 7PM GMT?
I will take flankers or MBTs.

I will be on tonight. tomorrow night the server may be down for a couple of hours, or rather still there but passworded due to us having a match on it. I will try to work out recording and get it posted up. To be honest it is an unknown to me how a match will be on it, we have never done it before and it is a new concept on the league

Ankur

I hope its a conquest large map, so that we have many vehicles as I see many players in this thread are experts in vehicles.

Aastii

VIP Member
I have just finished my first match and it is a completely different game - it is as the game is meant to be played and I can honestly say, it is the best game I have ever played.

It was a much slower pace (whilst still fast), but everyone was moving up as full squads. It wasn't people running around randomly, we were holding positions, pushing on positions, there was a point when we had two full squads moving in to take a tank out with full TS communications.

Playing in that environment and playing in a public environment, it really is a completely different game for the better

I have just finished my first match and it is a completely different game - it is as the game is meant to be played and I can honestly say, it is the best game I have ever played.

It was a much slower pace (whilst still fast), but everyone was moving up as full squads. It wasn't people running around randomly, we were holding positions, pushing on positions, there was a point when we had two full squads moving in to take a tank out with full TS communications.

Playing in that environment and playing in a public environment, it really is a completely different game for the better

Was this a specific server? I am confused lol

linkin

VIP Member
Sounds like a clan match. And it proves the point that this game is crying out for built in squad/team VOIP

Aastii

VIP Member
Was this a specific server? I am confused lol

Sounds like a clan match. And it proves the point that this game is crying out for built in squad/team VOIP

It was a clan match. If anyone can send me a link to a guide for live streaming full-screen applications I will set it up every time we have a CoD or BF match, you will see what I mean by it is a different game.

I agree an in-game VOIP is needed, however they need to do it properly, allowing you to mute people if you want. There is no way I will be sitting in a game with:

a. some whiny 12 year old
b. some guy crying because they are constantly failing and can't realise they are bad at the game, it isn't everyone else
c. people with open mics
d. people making stupid noises, saying random crap etc