Battlefield 3 Thread

Motorcharge

Bought it about an hour ago and I'm remembering why I hate EA. Too much crap to sign up for, codes to put in, ect.

The update from EA is only at 31% :mad:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a go on the 360 version today and its actually not as bad as i was expecting it to be,Of course Graphics are not as good...but it still looked rather decent considering its on a system thats 6+ years old and gameplay was fine give or take a few sound bugs.

Got 11 kills /6 deaths on Conquest round that was half done,3rd highest score from the top of the player list which i don't think was too bad considering my first go at proper online FPS on the Xbox. :D

SuperDuperMe

^^^, i really didnt rate the xbox version, felt very clunky to me.

I have started playing again, had my first proper go in ages tonight. Really quite rusty :p

Anyone have any tips for sqdm? Im gettin raped, i hate this stupid ass game mode, why couldnt they have left it for cod :( all i want is the l85 haha

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
For anybody that wants to, tomorrow night at 19:30 GMT myself and a few of my clan members are going to be playing in our server doing some testing of the server, rcon and seeing how it handles under load. May try and get a few of the others clans from the league in too, have ourselves a bit game (by the size of the server's standards :p)

Bare in mind the server is based in UK, so those outside may have higher latency than others. You are all still more than welcome and I would actually encourage anyone from other countries to join so we can see what sort of ping you guys get from outside of Europe.

Anyone that wants to is free to join, add me on Origin and we can get some games going. My Origin name is Retify

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...lite-Strike-Force-Conquest-www-esfclan-co-uk/

That is our server. Frag you tomorrow night those that come :)

claptonman

That's 1:30pm Central time for those around US. I have class but after I have sometime, I'll see if you guys are on.

Aastii

VIP Member
If you cant come tonight we will still be doing it most nights so missing out tonight isn't missing out on everything just roll up tomorrow or the weekend or whenever.

As much as I have nearly no spare time now I have found now I know how to set up.server config, it is extremely easy to get everything set up server side. There is s lot more that can be customised compared to all cod game servers

claptonman

So my friend got BF3 through origin during the black friday sale, and he didn't have back to karkland. But now when he tries to get it, its $15. Isn't it always free?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
So my friend got BF3 through origin during the black friday sale, and he didn't have back to karkland. But now when he tries to get it, its $15. Isn't it always free?

No back to Karkand is extra DLC for the people with the standard version of BF3,He should have got the Limited edition,That came with the extra DLC.

Saying that though,Not sure if you can get the Limited edition anymore.

SuperDuperMe

Im out till weekend :( will see who ever is on saturday though.

@Aastii, got my new hotas today so should be able to annoy some more people in a plane. :p

SuperDuperMe

Sorry, its a shorter name for a hands on throttle and stick :p. A joystick essentially :p

As for unlocks iv got everything for planes and i say the best stuff is air radar (although they nered it :( you used to be able to see every vehicle not just air) agm's and flare :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, its a hands on throttle stick :p. A joystick essentially :p

Did you manage to get it to work with BF3..I also have the Hotas and it dids not work in BF3.

Aastii,Was going to join your server just but theres nobody in there.:cool:

SuperDuperMe

Iv not tried it yet, iv tried it in il2 today and its great so im hoping if it works in this old ass game it should work on bf3. Im not home until saturday but ill let you know if i get it working on it.

Aastii

VIP Member
Sorry, its a shorter name for a hands on throttle and stick :p. A joystick essentially :p

As for unlocks iv got everything for planes and i say the best stuff is air radar (although they nered it :( you used to be able to see every vehicle not just air) agm's and flare :p

oh that makes sense. I've been using air radar too, however found that sometimes where it says the enemy aircraft is, it isn't. I know sometimes it is hard to pin them down because of altitude, but I have been looking at an enemy vehicle during a dog fight, and see them behind me on the radar when they are directly infornt!!

Did you manage to get it to work with BF3..I also have the Hotas and it dids not work in BF3.

Aastii,Was going to join your server just but theres nobody in there.:cool:

It won't get full on its own for a while, it has only been up for 2 nights, so apart from the ~20 or so public, nobody outside of the clan has been in to favourite and follow us