Battlefield 3 Thread

Ankur

I like rush, because it is the only type which I see people work like a team. Only thing I hate about it is that support put some traps around the mcoms, so I get killed by it :(

Aastii

VIP Member
this game seriously pisses me off something rotten.

Why is there no team shuffle?

what you find happening is that you will join a game and be put on the losing team with a bunch of braindead retards, because people from that team rage quit. So you are then put in a team with nobody that can actually play the game and no chance of winning, and because you are forced to 1 man army, because they lack the ability to play as a team or to play the game full stop, you will top the board but constantly die because of the actions of everyone else.

The number of times this has happened now is sickening and it is the worst part of the game. I find myself more times than not joining a game and within a few minutes not having fun any more because I am so frustrated and pissed off at the stupidity of others, so leave to find another server, hoping the same doesn't happen, and what do you know, sat with a bunch of morons that can't understand how to use their mouse and the keyboard is broke because they have been drooling all over it.

This is one area that CoD has absolutely right, it should be the first to load is put on one team, the next gets put on another and so on. If there is a group of people, it should know they count as 2 or 3 slots or however many, that way it will be fairly random every time because as people leave and join who have faster/slower computers and internet, they will be on different teams

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

I agree, my quit is at about 60 % because im sick of getting on a team with people that think its funny to fly heli's either into a rediculously hot zone, or better yet a damn wall. Not to mention the numourous times iv been shot and watched my teammate run off just metres from the enemy without ever firing a shot.

Iv give up on it to be honest. Tried unlocking the l85 but got so pissed off with the lack of team play i just alt+f4 :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with Aastii,I really hope EA/Dice look into the the teams/Squad system in order to at least motivate some sort of teamwork...why they made it so your not automatically put into a squad is beyond me.

Also....still i can not snipe to save my life,Its just horrible no wonder i hardly see any snipers in this game.

I don't think EA/Dice are listening to us anymore though,They seem to have gone very quiet in their responses/feedback on the Get Satisfaction forums...i mean they have not even implemented the simple jeep horn yet which was suggested and they said its planned a long time ago just a couple of weeks after main release...probably sell it us as DLC. :D

jonnyp11

ha, i love on the xbox when i'm sniping and all of a sudden see a team mate or enemy literally driving/swimming/running in circles and other random shapes in the spawn for half the match, it happened on that island map when i was sniping the boat spawn (and owning their snipers untill they quit sniping i might add) and a kid was swimming around a boat he drove out there for at almost the whole 20 mins of that game.

and on the xbox i'm pretty sure the jeeps have horns?

Aastii

VIP Member
What I don't understand regarding squads is why they can't create a hybrid - have it so you are automatically assigned a squad, however you also have the option to create a squad or join a game as a complete squad

mrjack

VIP Member
Only thing I hate about it is that support put some traps around the mcoms, so I get killed by it :(

You'll develop a love/hate relationship with claymores once you start utilizing them. They're great for setting up perimeters so that you know if a target is about to be attacked or someone is trying to sneak up on you.

Unless of course you are talking about C4, which I think should be able to damage the objective even if it was one of the defenders' C4. Claymores are directional anyway so I can understand using that in a real life situation.

this game seriously pisses me off something rotten...

I'd say it's partly due to the fact that currently there is no (efficient) way of getting VOIP within a squad and team in a public match with strangers.

It might also have something to do with the game being new and that players have switched from CoD or similar games and haven't either a) figured out that the game isn't for them and left or b) adapted to the change in gameplay (destroy/capture the objective instead of getting as many kills as possible). So in other words, in time some people will either adapt or leave and hopefully the game will mature and move closer to being more about teamwork than the individual's body count.

What I don't understand regarding squads is why they can't create a hybrid - have it so you are automatically assigned a squad, however you also have the option to create a squad or join a game as a complete squad

It would be nice to have the option that was in Bad Company 2, where you could choose to be put in to a squad when joining the server or you could join one manually once you were in the server.

Last edited:

mtb211

I always thought I was in a squad... I just realized I was playing on my own in TDM and Rush... maybe I will level up faster now :)

what I cant stand is when the planes on the other team destroy all the vehicles on spawn or when people c4 their own teammates

Ankur

You'll develop a love/hate relationship with claymores once you start utilizing them. They're great for setting up perimeters so that you know if a target is about to be attacked or someone is trying to sneak up on you.

Unless of course you are talking about C4, which I think should be able to damage the objective even if it was one of the defenders' C4. Claymores are directional anyway so I can understand using that in a real life situation.

Yeah I think the love/hate relationship will be more on the love side, I will be switching to support now. Almost completed Engineer 5th Service star. I have been using traps in all Vietnam games that I have played yet and my traps were so well hidden that my team players also couldn't see them . :p

mrjack

VIP Member
Yeah I think the love/hate relationship will be more on the love side, I will be switching to support now. Almost completed Engineer 5th Service star. I have been using traps in all Vietnam games that I have played yet and my traps were so well hidden that my team players also couldn't see them . :p

You'll quickly learn the most popular places for people to place claymores and before you know it, you'll automatically crouch or prone when you get to such a place so that you don't trigger it.

Ankur

You'll quickly learn the most popular places for people to place claymores and before you know it, you'll automatically crouch or prone when you get to such a place so that you don't trigger it.

Started Support now and not sure how much time it will take for me to unlock the Claymores. I can't wait to unlock the M60. Which gun is best? I am so used to Engineer that is funny now that as support I sometimes try to cycle weapon to RPG to kill tank lol.

ghost

Nice thread you guys got going here...

I am apart of a clan called SAS, we own and host our own servers and started recruiting (PC only). We have a few american members already even though the clan is UK based. If anyone is interested in playing with SAS or even interested in becoming a member please have a look at our site!

[link removed]

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

mrjack

VIP Member
Which gun is best?

The M249 and PKP Pecheneg are the most popular in my experience. The M249 is very good when firing in quick bursts with the foregrip and is accurate. The PKP Pecheneg is popular because of the damage, but the recoil is powerful and the reload time is a bit long. Depending on the map the AS VAL may be a good option, but that gun is an unlock for all kits.

Aastii

VIP Member
Nice thread you guys got going here...

I am apart of a clan called SAS, we own and host our own servers and started recruiting (PC only). We have a few american members already even though the clan is UK based. If anyone is interested in playing with SAS or even interested in becoming a member please have a look at our site!

[link removed]

Cheers!

Post the IP of your server(s) by all means, but don't advertise your site please

Ankur

I can't handle the M249, it is very hard for me to switch to these machine guns from carbines. M249 takes ages to load and also takes time to aim. I hope it is not same with the M60. I liked the AS VAL till now. It is a good PDW :)

linkin

VIP Member
The M60 is a beast but I run with the MG36 now. Support is my favourite class. Also like the Type 88.

Just wait until you get C4, slapping C4 on a tank and running is really fun :cool: