Battlefield Bad Company 2, anyone played it?

Matthew1990

The maps are huge and I found myself walking for like 10 mins, coz some t*** don't wait, they just take the truck and off they went, same with tanks etc. I am shooting fine, the wee crosshair pops up, meaning I am actually hitting the guy but he is nowhere near to go down, same with snipers, 3 shots kill........i though snipers were instant especially in chest.
This game is on my Games Fails 2010, after Star Trek 2 and Driving Simulator.

lubo4444

CoD is just the same thing, over and over. You can can roll a turd in glitter, but at the end of the day, it's still a piece of shit.

Bad Company 2 is just, amazing. There isn't anything (other than the server issues) that they could possibly change in it.

+1. I like BC2 too. COD not so much.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I just ended up buying it, and hope it is better than MW2. MW2 was an over priced glitch fest with no dedicated servers, though I did enjoy the story mode.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I'm starting to really love this game. It took a few days for me to get into it but once you start unlocking guns and such it's great! The game play is so much more imnersive than MW2! The only problem i have with it right now is the server glitches. The Play now button just stopped working for me today for some reason.

g4m3rof1337

The maps are huge and I found myself walking for like 10 mins, coz some t*** don't wait, they just take the truck and off they went, same with tanks etc. I am shooting fine, the wee crosshair pops up, meaning I am actually hitting the guy but he is nowhere near to go down, same with snipers, 3 shots kill........i though snipers were instant especially in chest.
This game is on my Games Fails 2010, after Star Trek 2 and Driving Simulator.

No idea what you're talking about. When I snipe with the M24, the first sniper, I usually get 1-hit kills, anywhere. I'd play the game a bit more, get better at it, then come back. It sounds like you belong in MW2 though, since that game doesn't need any skills to get kills.

g4m3rof1337

Yeah right. :p In BC2 kills using a tank or a chopper require enormous skill.

Well you were talking about shooting guns, not vehicles. Let compare the vehicles in the two games, oh wait, MW2 doesn't have any. And it takes skill to fly the chopper, and to shoot while flying and not get hit by the tank, and to drive a tank while avoiding, C4, anti-take mines, helis, and stationary missiles.

Fatback

VIP Member
Yeah right. :p In BC2 kills using a tank or a chopper require enormous skill.

Have you ever drove a chopper in BC2? I find them hard to control. Also when I'm a gunner in a chopper I find it almost impossible to kill someone even when the chopper is going slow. Tanks don't last long in BC2 to be of any importance. Between rockets,C4,Motor strikes, and all the other explosives. They don't last more then a min or two. Also are you saying that in MW2 that it requires skill to call an air strike, Use a chopper gunner or AC130?

memory

I have just started playing multiplayer and good grief, it is going to take me a good while to get good at this game. I can unload a whole clip into someone hitting more than half of the hits and they will not die. They hit me a couple times and I'm dead. I mostly play conquest just because that is all I ever played. I have just made it to being Rank 1.

So far I am liking it. There are a few things I don't understand. One thing is how you communicate with your team or squad. For example, how you issue a order. In BF2142, you would press the T button and choose a order. In this game, all you do is look at the marker and press the Q button. It does not give you any options. You can not ask for a radar which comes in really handy, can't ask for an air stike.

Another thing, how do you ask for ammo, backup, medic, or repair? Is there a way to do this?

I do kind of like the scoring system. You can rack up alot of points in a big match.

EDIT: I have tried to fly a chopper in BF2142 and I couldn't fly one for the life of me. I am not even going to try in this game.

g4m3rof1337

I have just started playing multiplayer and good grief, it is going to take me a good while to get good at this game. I can unload a whole clip into someone hitting more than half of the hits and they will not die. They hit me a couple times and I'm dead. I mostly play conquest just because that is all I ever played. I have just made it to being Rank 1.

So far I am liking it. There are a few things I don't understand. One thing is how you communicate with your team or squad. For example, how you issue a order. In BF2142, you would press the T button and choose a order. In this game, all you do is look at the marker and press the Q button. It does not give you any options. You can not ask for a radar which comes in really handy, can't ask for an air stike.

Another thing, how do you ask for ammo, backup, medic, or repair? Is there a way to do this?

I do kind of like the scoring system. You can rack up alot of points in a big match.

EDIT: I have tried to fly a chopper in BF2142 and I couldn't fly one for the life of me. I am not even going to try in this game.

Proves that it's the player, not the game. Guys, learn to aim.

tlarkin

VIP Member
It is called a magazine, not a clip. Have any of you ever fired any guns? The Marines tell their troops to fire 1 shot 1 kill, which is why they aim and squeeze the trigger once to let a very small burst of rounds. guns have this thing called recoil. I find most games ridiculous on how easy it is to run full speed and shoot a fully auto gun. This game does tend to feel more real. I have never fired a fully auto, but I have fired plenty of guns in my life.

Also, as you can notice a lot of the enemies in the game are wearing body armor. Headshot = instant kill always. Chest shots do not, because of the body armor. There are some exceptions, the rocket launcher and the sniper rifle will 1 shot kill through body armor.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Also, as you can notice a lot of the enemies in the game are wearing body armor. Headshot = instant kill always. Chest shots do not, because of the body armor. There are some exceptions, the rocket launcher and the sniper rifle will 1 shot kill through body armor.

That and that many people already have unlocked better guns/upgrades which are much more powerful than the stock guns.

memory

That and that many people already have unlocked better guns/upgrades which are much more powerful than the stock guns.

This is something else I noticed. Some of the guys that kill me, I noticed they are several ranks up. How do they rank up so quickly when this game has not been out for very long?

I know most of this is me not being a very good player but it is kind of hard to get a head shot when you are running around. I have fired many guns in my life and I know about recoil. It's just when I meet someone unexpected I panic and just pull the trigger.

I do find this game to be pretty realistic which is a good thing.

Matthew1990

Have you ever drove a chopper in BC2? I find them hard to control. Also when I'm a gunner in a chopper I find it almost impossible to kill someone even when the chopper is going slow. Tanks don't last long in BC2 to be of any importance. Between rockets,C4,Motor strikes, and all the other explosives. They don't last more then a min or two. Also are you saying that in MW2 that it requires skill to call an air strike, Use a chopper gunner or AC130?

Couple of times, it's easy once you get the balance right.

lovely?

It is called a magazine, not a clip. Have any of you ever fired any guns? The Marines tell their troops to fire 1 shot 1 kill, which is why they aim and squeeze the trigger once to let a very small burst of rounds. guns have this thing called recoil. I find most games ridiculous on how easy it is to run full speed and shoot a fully auto gun. This game does tend to feel more real. I have never fired a fully auto, but I have fired plenty of guns in my life.

i've noticed this as well. it usually only takes like 8 rounds with the engineer SMG at less than 40 yards. sounds realistic to me.

Played a RUSH game earlier, me and this sniper vs 5 guys. in the end each of them had like 600 points and both me and him had 3600. for my first multiplayer game, it was amazing. probably two hours of the most tense gameplay i've ever had!

tlarkin

VIP Member
i've noticed this as well. it usually only takes like 8 rounds with the engineer SMG at less than 40 yards. sounds realistic to me.

Played a RUSH game earlier, me and this sniper vs 5 guys. in the end each of them had like 600 points and both me and him had 3600. for my first multiplayer game, it was amazing. probably two hours of the most tense gameplay i've ever had!

smg @ 40 yards? Well, if they were wearing dragon armor it would probably not penetrate as even a 5.56 or a 7.62 round won't penetrate dragon armor at that range and they are way more powerful. 8 rounds though, depending on the patter could be devastating.

I always aim for the head, and tap 2 to 4 rounds per a burst and they usually go down.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
This is something else I noticed. Some of the guys that kill me, I noticed they are several ranks up. How do they rank up so quickly when this game has not been out for very long?

I know most of this is me not being a very good player but it is kind of hard to get a head shot when you are running around. I have fired many guns in my life and I know about recoil. It's just when I meet someone unexpected I panic and just pull the trigger.

I do find this game to be pretty realistic which is a good thing.

From getting medals and such. I've had regular rounds where I rack up 1000-2000 points, and medal rounds where i get several thousands points.

roridude

banned
I completed single player campaign in less than 5 hours, was a good 5 hours granted, but i expect at least 10 hours if im honest. Multiplayer, well to be frank, sucks balls. I still haven't been able to connect to a game. Tells me to check my network connection when i know my internet is fine ;P Apparently they are working on it so i can wait until they;ve fixed it. Quite a few people have had the same issue. Anyone remember a time when developers used to release games that actually worked and didn't need updating? Good times, good times.