Be Your Own ISP

rbxslvr

you should look into other ways over asp.net. Most web developers I know are going away from asp.net and all moving away from cold fusion and crap like that.

PHP and MySQL are huge on the internet now. Toss that in with some of the fancy stuff, like flash, java, and css, etc and you have yourself a nice little web site. Though flash and java may not be around for long I know a lot of devs who are sick and tired of the crap they have to go through.

I personally hate all microsoft web based things, especially active X
Well, I find ASP and PHP very similar in capabilities, but ASP seems to have a little more "freedom", I use SQL Server Express databases.

Perhaps ASP will dominate over PHP someday <shrugs shoulders>. I just prefer ASP

Cleric7x9

Well, I find ASP and PHP very similar in capabilities, but ASP seems to have a little more "freedom", I use SQL Server Express databases.

Perhaps ASP will dominate over PHP someday <shrugs shoulders>. I just prefer ASP

i have never used ASP, ive always used PHP, what do you like better?

tlarkin

VIP Member
I hate all MS web based products. I hate IIS, ASP and I hate active X with a huge passion. Its so chunky and slow and performs like crap. PHP and MySQL are streamlined and run like a champ.