Best Game Ever Made?

magicman

VIP Member
matt12685848 said:
The origonal Doom. Man, I would play that game all day, too bad I cant find it anymore.
Here's a link to it. It runs fine on XP, just unzip it, select the sound output in setup.exe and play. :)

Rip_Uk

tweaker said:
I hate to pick a modern game when there are so many sweet games from 16-17 years ago. But..

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

yeah I agree but Final Fantasy 7 was one of the best.

Super Metroid - Snes
Streets Of Rage - Mega Drive (Genesis)

PC eye

banned
Well? I guess the "best" from before some your times has not even been mentioned until now. Before pc games came about after sound was first in the form of a board square speaker there were the "arcade classics" that eventually made it to the pc. ASTEROIDS - SPACE INVADERS - PACMAN(mentioned earlier in pc form only) made some of the few there. But then came the "PC"! DUKE NUKEM-NUKEM 2-WOLF3D-DUKE3D-... and then there was HALF LIFE 1-RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN-SOLDIER OF FORTUNE! And of course now there is SOLDIER OF FORTUNE II and HALF LIFE 2 to take the prize! for realistic effects.

Rip_Uk

PC eye said:
Well? I guess the "best" from before some your times has not even been mentioned until now. Before pc games came about after sound was first in the form of a board square speaker there were the "arcade classics" that eventually made it to the pc. ASTEROIDS - SPACE INVADERS - PACMAN(mentioned earlier in pc form only) made some of the few there. But then came the "PC"! DUKE NUKEM-NUKEM 2-WOLF3D-DUKE3D-... and then there was HALF LIFE 1-RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN-SOLDIER OF FORTUNE! And of course now there is SOLDIER OF FORTUNE II and HALF LIFE 2 to take the prize! for realistic effects.

I can see your into first person shooters.

Rip_Uk

magicman said:
Here's a link to it. It runs fine on XP, just unzip it, select the sound output in setup.exe and play. :)

Just looking at those graphics shows how far graphics in computer games have progressed.

doom1.jpg

And the size of it. 2.9M lol.

Rip_Uk

Do you remember the old Dizzy games. There were about 13 in all. I had most on a commodore amiga. You can get nearly all to run in Windows XP.

PC eye

banned
There was another called Defender Pro or something similar that was tried. But DosBox actually worked when the original Duke Nukem and Duke 3D were ran. The original simply looked like it did on an old dos or WIN 3.1 system when in full dos while Duke 3D was lacking sound. The old Sound Blaster or Adlib settings failed to initialize an updated Audigy 2 ZS at the time. The odd thing was actually hearing that old 8bit game through the 5.1 surround sound speaker setup!

magicman

VIP Member
Anyone remember the original Prince of Persia? Now that was a classic 2D platform game if ever I saw one. I actually prefer the original to the new ones like the Sands Of Time etc.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
magicman said:
Anyone remember the original Prince of Persia? Now that was a classic 2D platform game if ever I saw one. I actually prefer the original to the new ones like the Sands Of Time etc.
Oh yeah, definitely agree 100%.

As for Metal Gear, I think 2 has been the best so far, but there is 4 coming out for the PS3. Too bad I won't be playing it for about 3 years or so... :)

maroon1

magicman said:

are u kidding me??
how can u say that the original Prince of Persia game is better than the new ones.
i don't have have the original and niether sands of time, but i have warriors within and the two thrones and they are one of the best game i ever played.