Best Game Ever Made?

PC eye

banned
One friend couldn't stop raving about Wolf3D when I was first running the Duke 3D on a WIN 3.1 system. He would cry I like WIN 3.11 better when running Wolf 3D. That came out around the time Nukem 2 was released. In those games skill was more important then which graphics card you were running. They looked like cartoons for the most part. But they could test you at times.

DCIScouts said:
Oh, and MarioKart and yes, I'm a geek, but MarioParty was tons of fun as well... :)

I remember getting a blister from playing Mario Party all night wiht my friends when i was maybe 8 or 9, lol, i miss those days....

Verve

Don't know if I already posted this, but Freespace is one of the best dogfight sims ever. The story is actually the thing that makes it awsome.

Hawk16

jimmymac said:
one must fall 2097 :D

that must be the only shareware game i actually forked out for the full version of, loved it!

gotta love the Commander Keen series too....wonderful stuff from Apogee

omg i think i still have OMF!!! i should reinstall it :cool:

mikekelly

For me, Quake 3, I dont care about graphics, for me its about gameplay and q3 rocks, i tried CSS and its to slow, a different game okay with different style but mnay assholes and too much waiting out when you get shot. If you care about graphics so much hen why dont you take up photograpy? dont you get sick of shooting the same people in doom on fear? gameplay is what drives you on, not graphics. thats why they include cheesy movies in games of today, because actually playing them is pretty boring. if i want a sortyline then I watch a movie

PC eye

banned
If you like those old style graphics and game play you could try Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. Just don't fall off of the roof tops you are jumping back and forth across.

For a look at the cover and some screen shots go to http://www.3drealms.com/dukemp/

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
What I hate more is the games that love to lock up the system. You put on the latest video and sound drivers and lock'em time over and over.

wwwyzzerdd

----->Super Mario Bros. 3 <----- Tough question though, like asking whats the best food. ( although a Hardee's Monster thickburger wins that, hehe)

Oh, yea, isn't Duck hunt like the first ever "First person shooter" .

DCIScouts

VIP Member
eyesofvenus said:
Final Fantasy 7, Metal Gear 3, Shenmue 1&2, Star Ocean 2, Suikoden 2, damn i could go on for hours! :D
Ewww on the MGS3... Don't get me wrong, I love MGS2, but 3 just frustrated me, and I found generally unappealling story line. Stopped playing after a few hours, didn't feel like I was really doing anything, going anywhere... Maybe I need to give it more of a chance???

eyesofvenus

Oblivion is just boring me now, just like elder scrolls 3 did before it...I like MGS2 aswell, thought it was too easy though, and also far too many cut-scenes