Best Game Ever Made?

dillon157

Halo is the best game ever made!!! Of course that's just my opinion, but if I remember correctly as of a couple years ago Halo had sold more copies that any other game in history (beating Mario Brothers out of the record). That's just what I heard though, the information could very well be wrong.

Kuli24

Mario 3 wins easily. No comparison. Such perfect gameplay and replayability, there will be no game that rises above Mario 3. I've been playing it since I bought it for $60cdn when it came out.

dillon157 said:
Halo is the best game ever made!!! Of course that's just my opinion, but if I remember correctly as of a couple years ago Halo had sold more copies that any other game in history (beating Mario Brothers out of the record). That's just what I heard though, the information could very well be wrong.
halo2 made 169 million dollars with in its first three hours of release by the next day it had asllready made 250 million. me and my friends all cameto school with our copy of halo 2 to shwo of and those who didnt have it were pissed and those who did were to busy readign the instruction manual to pay attention to teh veterans at my school

kingie

wizard of wor (c64), double dragon & mortal kombat 1 (arcade), mario kart (snes), tekken 3 (psone), goldeneye (n64), halo (xbox), BF2 (PC)

ChrisUlrich

Dragon Warrior 2 (NES), Goldeneye (N64), Metal Gear Solid (PS1 and Gamecube), Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (SNES), Contra (NES), um... I guess that's it for now!

Habanerosky

IT goes in this order- Final Fantasy VII, Mario Bros (original, due to historic value; it reinvented video games as we know it), Castle Wolfenstien

EDIT: Ill give you Goldeneye too, forgot how great that game was

wicked859

banned
.............halo 2 is the best game made with ff7 right beside it but does no one love good ol' donkey kong???????!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!

Kuli24

I hate Halo 1 and 2! They don't even compare to games like farcry and...mario 3. Ach, Halo, That'll be the day when I can be hit in the head for 5 continuous seconds with a machine gun and 10 shots in the stomach with a shotgun and not be dead. What a stupid game.

ghost

Habanerosky said:
IT goes in this order- Final Fantasy VII, Mario Bros (original, due to historic value; it reinvented video games as we know it), Castle Wolfenstien

Yeah i loved FF7, prob the most time i have eva spent playin a game.

PC eye

banned
Kuli24 said:
I hate Halo 1 and 2! They don't even compare to games like farcry and...mario 3. Ach, Halo, That'll be the day when I can be hit in the head for 5 continuous seconds with a machine gun and 10 shots in the stomach with a shotgun and not be dead. What a stupid game.

I couldn't agree more. I ran the Halo: combat evolved version for a short time here where you can finally make it far enough to look at an elevator. Right from the start you spend 20min. shooting at one or two? to get around the first corner of a hallway. As soon as you start it you hold the fire button at all times it seems. No plot.

Habanerosky

it sucks, i scratched BOTH copies of my CD1 for PS1 FF7, and to buy it (even used) on ebay costs an arm and a leg...

PC eye

banned
I don't generally prefer games with lengthy video clips to run. But a quick way around that is to save and load game maps after the clips are finished. Half Life 2 was no exception.

Mattu

The best PC game ever was the orignial MYST. (well in my opioion anyway) It was so adicting to me but I could never figer it out. Has anyone here ever figered it out without cheating? (like going to google and searching how to beat it)

gamerman4

SNES: Super mario bros
PS1: In order from greatest...FF7 (still got the CDs from when it came out), FF Tactics (LOVE this game), Disgaea, FF9 , MGS2, FF8 (underrated but still good)
PS2: FFX (pretty good but still doesnt beat 7 or Tactics), MGS3

PC: CnC series (exclude Renegade) and Warcraft series both tied #1, Galactic Civilizations 2 (I know it came out a couple weeks ago but this games kicks a**), Half Life 2(sweet FPS game), F.E.A.R.(one of the greatest FPS games ive played), Starcraft, Total Annihilation, Metal Fatigue (not well known RTS)

Last edited:

striker

Classics: Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, MarioKart64, Wave Race64.
New: Halo one & two, Starwars KOTOR.
PC: Conter-Strike, The Sims 2.

these are the best:cool:

rahving

Dragon Warrior 1 and 3
Goldeneye 007
Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Rogue Spear
Asheron's Call

daygowop

striker said:
Classics: Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, MarioKart64, Wave Race64.
New: Halo one & two, Starwars KOTOR.
PC: Conter-Strike, The Sims 2.

these are the best:cool:

i like this format

classics: zelda 1+2 NES, super mario 3 NES, metroid NES, Sonic 1+2+3 GEN, zelda SNES, super mario world SNES, mega man 2

old school: FF7, super smash bros., mariokart64, metal gear solid, mario party 1+2, tony hawk 2, castlvania symphony of the night, Resident evil.

new: super smash bros melee, half life 1+2/ counterstrike, warcraft 2+3, starcraft, diablo 2.

ALL TIME FAVORITE: FF7 and this is the truth, such a revolutionary game for its time. set a standard for many RPGs to follow.

Last edited: