Best Gaming Computer

joh06937

I need it to support for direct X 11, in that case I'll go for geforce 460, any other things?

the physx card does not need to support dx11. i have my 5970 running as the main with an 8800gt as the physx card and i still have dx11 running in the dx11 games.

elock37

Not to troll, but I have a question after reading the physx card discussion. I'm a bit of a newbie to anything other than upgrading.

How does the graphics card/physx card work? I can run two cards and have one dedicated to just game physics?

joh06937

Not to troll, but I have a question after reading the physx card discussion. I'm a bit of a newbie to anything other than upgrading.

How does the graphics card/physx card work? I can run two cards and have one dedicated to just game physics?

yes. if you are running ati, there are only one set of nvidia drivers that don't require hacking (the others do). nvidia has their drivers set up so that they can't run with an ati card (but they forgot to include that in one of their drivers). if you have an nvidia card, then you only need to have the second present. i think there might be some setting in the control panel for nvidia to set a second card as an nvidia card but correct me if i am wrong. for more help, start a new thread.

bomberboysk

I need it to support for direct X 11, in that case I'll go for geforce 460, any other things?

IMO if you are spending that sort of cash, just get two GTX 480's and no physx card. They will outperform the 5970 pretty easily, as SLI scales quite well and each GTX480 core is more powerful than the cores in the 5970.

Also, look at mountain mods cases. The pinnacle 24 has an optional HPTX motherboard tray that will fit an SR-2.

Again, it would be cheaper for you to get an SR-2 and two e5620's than to get a 980X, and with the SR-2 you end up with 8 cores and 16 threads vs 6 cores and 12 threads.

The1Fear

Thanks, updated my thread and it cost much lower, any other ways to reduce the cost but still keep it high performance?

bomberboysk

Thanks, updated my thread and it cost much lower, any other ways to reduce the cost but still keep it high performance?

Drop to a smaller SSD, 60gb is more than sufficient for an OS drive, SSD's are only worth it to install an OS to at this point in time, as the price/gb is quite high.

Go with two kits of this memory instead of that corsair dominator memory:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226030

You thinking of doing any kind of liquid cooling with this system? If so i can help you out with a parts list for that as well.

Also, the Pinnacle case from mountain mods is case only. You will need to remember that you need fan grilles and 5.25" bay covers as well as fans with the pinnacle case. When you configure it, make sure to select the HPTX motherboard tray. Also, i highly recommend the black wrinkle finish for the case, unless you are a fan of the brushed aluminum then by all means go for it:p

As far as power supply, this power supply is PLENTY sufficient and at a much more reasonable price:
http://www.provantage.com/antec-tpq-1200~7ANTS03K.htm