Brutally Honest Critiques

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It's a shame the bit of it's wing is cropped out, otherwise, nice composition! I'd maybe raise the mids and lower the highlights a little though!

Yeah unfortunately that's where he got in my lens.

How's this?

205680_10151476657246349_911238596_n.jpg

Geoff

VIP Member
And to be fair to Justin I'll move his picture :)

In my opinion it's too over-exposed in front of the couple.

It is? Looks properly exposed on my monitor.

Exposure looks fine here too.

If anything a little under-exposed, but nah, looks fine.
Overall the exposure looks fine, but levels could be tweaked a tad. The shadows cast by the trees over some of the faces are on the darker side, while the sun is causing overexposure on portions of the walkway.

BTW Travis, I think you should invest in some monitor calibration equipment :p

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I need a real monitor. I'm using my 23" Vizio LED TV as my primary monitor.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I have a 28" Hanns-G LCD and while it's not bad, it has horrible color reproduction. I had to get a Spyder3 to calibrate it so it's usable.

I just put a Spyder4 on my wish list on Amazon last night. I was playing around with the color settings on my ASUS monitor and saw quite a difference with each setting.

Justin

VIP Member
Looks a bit out of focus. Also vignetting is a bit heavy. However, that's a solid capture of the bikers in the air!

Kornowski

VIP Member
Looks a bit out of focus. Also vignetting is a bit heavy. However, that's a solid capture of the bikers in the air!

It's Facebook bumming the quality, it's pretty sharp. Yeah, actually, it is a bit heavy - I have an addiction to vignettes, haha. Thanks, Justin!

EvanK

7933574878_af4ecb2857_c.jpg

I'm about to enter this shot in a national contest with an "environmental" theme, so I'd like the bitter truth, don't be afraid to hold back.

If there's something else that you see on my Flickr Photostream, feel free to select something and tell me.

Thanks guys!

Punk

Staff member
7933574878_af4ecb2857_c.jpg

I'm about to enter this shot in a national contest with an "environmental" theme, so I'd like the bitter truth, don't be afraid to hold back.

If there's something else that you see on my Flickr Photostream, feel free to select something and tell me.

Thanks guys!

It's very nice but the exposure is a little unbalanced, especially the dark part on the top right corner. Other than that it's very well executed.

Have you tried having just the flower and reflection on the left? (just an idea)

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Come on Mr. Danny you've come a long way taking those pics and editing them, don't slack on the uploading! Give us a flickr link or something! :D