Call of Duty: Black Ops Thread

Droogie

epic thread bump.. just figured there was no reason to create a new thread (seeing as there are about 10 already on here)

anyways, IT'S OUT. who's playing? what do you think of it so far? are you ready to yet again surrender your mortal souls to call of duty?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im hoping mine will arive this morning i the post,cant wait to try it out!!!!

russb

After farting around with Steam asking me if i want them to defrag my computer and finishing off downloading the game had a play on Multi for 5 mins gave up and went to SP not impressed with the game at all.I will give it another chance when i get bored playing MoH.It's so like that crap CoD MW2 it's unbelievable if anybody who has not bought the game yet see if you can borrow a friends and try it yourself before you buy.

linkin

VIP Member
My cousin bought the game, the MP servers are horrible. Told ya gameservers were crap! (The moh servers they have certainly are!!)

Nonetheless he's enjoying the singeplayer. I may have to get this myself, need a new singleplayer game

OverClocker

After farting around with Steam asking me if i want them to defrag my computer and finishing off downloading the game had a play on Multi for 5 mins gave up and went to SP not impressed with the game at all.I will give it another chance when i get bored playing MoH.It's so like that crap CoD MW2 it's unbelievable if anybody who has not bought the game yet see if you can borrow a friends and try it yourself before you buy.

Thanks for the advice. I had been waiting like forever just to be disappointed just like I was with MW2.

Geoff

VIP Member
I just bought the game from Newegg for $49.99 with their special E-Mail newsletter coupon code. :)

g4m3rof1337

People bitch way too much. Everywhere I look people are complaining that Black Ops is lagging and things don't work, when the game isn't even 24 hours old. And what makes it worse is people were saying Black Ops was going to be sooo much better than MOH. And yet, they're still bitching.

So far, I'm liking Black Ops. I went to the midnight launch and played for a few hours. Were the servers laggy? Yes, they were. What servers aren't on the midnight release? Was everything working properly? No, what game works 100% at the midnight release?

Matthew1990

People bitch way too much. Everywhere I look people are complaining that Black Ops is lagging and things don't work, when the game isn't even 24 hours old. And what makes it worse is people were saying Black Ops was going to be sooo much better than MOH. And yet, they're still bitching.

So far, I'm liking Black Ops. I went to the midnight launch and played for a few hours. Were the servers laggy? Yes, they were. What servers aren't on the midnight release? Was everything working properly? No, what game works 100% at the midnight release?

I agree. But let's be honest here. The game is in Beta stage. The FPS drops dramatically every 10 to 15 seconds and the graphics are worse then MW2. Bad optimization, the game was rushed.

I like the gameplay. The campaign is one of the worst stories ever made for fps game. It's just BS.

MP is great, better than MW2. More options etc.

Still dunno how to create a class, mind you......maybe someone could enlighten me.

MrSleepin

i got it for ps3 last night at midnight...

game name is the same as it is on here...

although i did enjoy playing the game last night... i am NOT a fan of the shitty graphics... i feel like i am playing mag again at some points..

i like the purchase system... its a little more user friendly. i was already equipped with ghost/warlord/ninja before lvl 9. and the contracts are pretty cool too.

g4m3rof1337

I agree. But let's be honest here. The game is in Beta stage. The FPS drops dramatically every 10 to 15 seconds and the graphics are worse then MW2. Bad optimization, the game was rushed.

I like the gameplay. The campaign is one of the worst stories ever made for fps game. It's just BS.

MP is great, better than MW2. More options etc.

Still dunno how to create a class, mind you......maybe someone could enlighten me.

Yeah. Regardless of the graphics, the game will be pretty popular. And I'd rather have a game I can max out, rather than one I can barely run.

And as for the create a class, I forgot the name of it, but on the main menu of the multiplayer, I think it's the second option, click that and create a class should be the first choice.

Matthew1990

Yeah. Regardless of the graphics, the game will be pretty popular. And I'd rather have a game I can max out, rather than one I can barely run.

And as for the create a class, I forgot the name of it, but on the main menu of the multiplayer, I think it's the second option, click that and create a class should be the first choice.

Yee. Found how to create a class, it's under Operations in main menu.

Famas is a beast in this game.

Aastii

VIP Member
well this is good...

If you don't have the game, you can't download the console, which is completely stupid. Only 2 of our clan admins have black ops, so 2 admins for a server? Not enough, especially as it hasn't been empty since we started up, and spent the vast majority of that time full

russb

Why have you not got it Aastii i'v got so there na,na,na hahaha
Can i play on your server mate.

Last edited:

Twist86

Well got the game today and it SUCKS. I sold it for $70 because it sold out to some sap on craigslist :

Horrible horrible game if your like me and prefer just to play offline + offline mods. Took 4 hours to beat it on the 3rd hardest difficulty and the story sucked. Laggy gameplay which I think has memory leaks (my system maxed it). Just the main campaign and no offline mods really sucks...once again making me not buy their games anymore. I got all happy because I saw "zombie" but it requires online play once again.

Online might be different but I don't care for COD online. Activision and EA can die for all I care anymore...they don't make quality games anymore.

Droogie

Well got the game today and it SUCKS. I sold it for $70 because it sold out to some sap on craigslist :

Horrible horrible game if your like me and prefer just to play offline + offline mods. Took 4 hours to beat it on the 3rd hardest difficulty and the story sucked. Laggy gameplay which I think has memory leaks (my system maxed it). Just the main campaign and no offline mods really sucks...once again making me not buy their games anymore. I got all happy because I saw "zombie" but it requires online play once again.

Online might be different but I don't care for COD online. Activision and EA can die for all I care anymore...they don't make quality games anymore.

you should know by now that call of duty games aren't made for single player.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive not recieved my copy yet,which is annoying because it was suppose to have been dispatched Monday morning,Its now Wednesday....im hoping it will come today,If not il have to order elsewhere :/

Going by the vids i have seen on Youtube though,The game looks quite fun...especialy the Nuke town map,I can see getting alot of kills been really easy on there and its all fast paced which i like.

One guy on the vids i see was already rank 29 :0

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered the game from newegg this morning and will have it by Thursday afternoon. Hopefully its better then the reviews for MW2 , which I was thinking of buying until i read the reviews on newegg. I like playing single player and they say the single player campaign is way too short on MW2.

lubo4444

I ordered the game from newegg this morning and will have it by Thursday afternoon. Hopefully its better then the reviews for MW2 , which I was thinking of buying until i read the reviews on newegg. I like playing single player and they say the single player campaign is way too short on MW2.

I hope the single player campaign is long. I played the MW2 campaign and it was kind of short. :)

Matthew1990

Ive not recieved my copy yet,which is annoying because it was suppose to have been dispatched Monday morning,Its now Wednesday....im hoping it will come today,If not il have to order elsewhere :/

Going by the vids i have seen on Youtube though,The game looks quite fun...especialy the Nuke town map,I can see getting alot of kills been really easy on there and its all fast paced which i like.

One guy on the vids i see was already rank 29 :0

I managed to get lvl 17 in 3hrs of play.

Nuketown rocks man. Easy kills.

About spawning. I believe it is worse than MW2, I got spawned next to enemy about 20 times aleady.